Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lake Lanier, GA
    Posts
    12

    Planning Mods for '06 RXT (Riva vs R&D)

    I picked up my '06 RXT last weekend, and I'm trying to plan my mod stategy for after break in. So far I'm at 7 hours, and I'm not going to do anything until I get a baseline after the 10 hour service. After that, my near term goal is 70mph. To date my best was 66.3mph and I hit that yesterday with 7 hours on it. I'm not sure if I would have gone faster, but I ran out of room and I also don't want to hold it at WOT for too long yet...

    Anyway, to hit 70 I'm looking at the Riva and R&D Stage 1 kits (I also don't mind making my own parts where possible). I've read plenty about the Riva mods on this site, but there's not much talk about the R&D. I know the R&D advertised gains are higher, but does anyone have any real world experience? Also, I noticed that the Riva Stage 1 kit includes an impeller that says it's optimized for Stage 1. If I do additional mods will I need a new impeller, or can I have the included one modified?

    Oh yeah, I'll fill the ride plate holes too...


  2. #2
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    forget the R&D stuff.... go with a Riva stage 1 kit to start... that will probably get you just shy of 70 mph... depends on lots of things like rider weight, environment, elevation, humidity, oil level, prop condition, RPMs.

    definitely buy the stage 1 kit from the 4-tecperformance online store (there's a discount) and start with that and see where it brings you

  3. #3
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,363
    +1
    339
    Brett: Welcome aboard, nice machine. It won't be too hard to get it to 70 if you remove OPAS, add a pump wedge (some don't like them- but I do for the RXT), an air intake (I think you'll see that most prefer Riva), a new prop (14/17R Solas), fill those rideplate holes and I bet you'll be pretty close with minimal $ invested.

    You can find lots of used parts around her at bargain prices.

    Good luck with your new RXT! Vic

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Elysian Fields,Tx
    Posts
    358
    Your speed of 66.3 is very good for a new stock RXT.Mine would only hit 64.5 when it was stock. I had to go to the Riva stage 2 kit to finally break the 70 MPH barrier.I had to have a couple of repitches on the prop to get there even then.I did run some R&D parts on my GTX but I prefer the Riva.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    Your speed of 66.3 is very good for a new stock RXT.Mine would only hit 64.5 when it was stock.
    You are a very lucky guy Brett, mine did only 64.5 in stock form as well, if you wanna run over 70 MPH in over 90 deg air (all day long) with yours just check the mods in my signature

    UPDATED: a couple days back i hit 72 MPH @ 8450 peak rpm's with mine with 3 fuel bars and hope to be running between 74 to 75 MPH at the end of this same week with my new set-up, the new RR SC impeller, 42lbs/hrs injectors and a bigger 14/19R solas prop with a SS cone tweaked by Jerry.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lake Lanier, GA
    Posts
    12
    Thanks guys! Yep, I feel like I got a strong one. The '05 RXT I rode before buying mine hit 64.5 on my GPS (me driving), so I was very pleasantly suprised to see 66.3 on the screen after my first long WOT run.

    It also looks like my ski is going to run pretty consistent for now. I did 66.3 again in the same cove this evening. I managed to get another hour on it, so only two more to go before I start modding!

    Also, thanks for the advice on the Riva parts. Based on everything I've read on this site and the comments in this thread, I'll stick with Riva.


    Jerry,

    Get ready to ship some parts to Georgia!

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Brett, welcome to the forum bro! You definately have a strong runner. I rode my dads new RXT today and it only did 64 at 7800 RPM's. Looks like im going to have to do some fooling with it

    Im ready to send the parts out whenever you are

  8. #8
    Pettee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dover, DE... Again :(
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Brett, welcome to the forum bro! You definately have a strong runner. I rode my dads new RXT today and it only did 64 at 7800 RPM's. Looks like im going to have to do some fooling with it

    Im ready to send the parts out whenever you are
    Thats what mines turnin too 7850.

  9. #9
    RustySeaRustyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay-Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Brett, welcome to the forum bro! You definately have a strong runner. I rode my dads new RXT today and it only did 64 at 7800 RPM's. Looks like im going to have to do some fooling with it

    Im ready to send the parts out whenever you are
    Thats what mines turnin too 7850.
    Mike you ready to run that thing Saturday??? Im hitting 8100

  10. #10
    Pettee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dover, DE... Again :(
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySeaRustyDoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Brett, welcome to the forum bro! You definately have a strong runner. I rode my dads new RXT today and it only did 64 at 7800 RPM's. Looks like im going to have to do some fooling with it

    Im ready to send the parts out whenever you are
    Thats what mines turnin too 7850.
    Mike you ready to run that thing Saturday??? Im hitting 8100
    Obviously not haha.

    Shit right now im hoping i dont have a DOF problem(Defiency of Funds).

    Your faster than me tho...Time to mod

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB - Parts WTB riva ecu for 06 RXT
    By itzmunch in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2015, 09:24 AM
  2. WTB RIVA Metal Clutch Washers for 06 rxt
    By Stockrxp in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
  3. Update After Some Quick Mods to '06 RXT
    By WAMason in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 10:42 AM
  4. Must do $25 mod for GTX/RXT
    By Kinchyle in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 01:54 AM
  5. New intake grate opinions for 06 RXT
    By DSquare in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •