Help Intake Grate

Are there any tricks to getting the intake grate off? I managed to snap one of the bolts right at the head it was one of the 3 in the back. How would I go about removing that? And also how do I remove the grate once I have all of the bolts out, it seems stuck? Thanks

Re: Help Intake Grate

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    Are there any tricks to getting the intake grate off? I managed to snap one of the bolts right at the head it was one of the 3 in the back. How would I go about removing that? And also how do I remove the grate once I have all of the bolts out, it seems stuck? Thanks
    So you snapped one of the bolts ? That sucks. Can't help ya there.

Its stuck because it has silicone or something else on it holding it in too. The trick to getting it out is muscle . I had my ski on the trailer so it sucked, but I just held onto the grate (holding myself in the air), shook a couple times and then it poped out. Was only a few inch fall to the garage floor so it didn't hurt to much .

Thanks I'll give it a try. The bolt snapped right at the head so i think i could get something around it to get it out. And that we me who IMed you EffyPapadopoulos try responding sometime haha.

They are put on with locktight, heat them up with a lighter and they will come right off. Don't muscle them off or you could break or strip them.

Oh well I guess I'll just heat up the last one and see if I can't get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    Oh well I guess I'll just heat up the last one and see if I can't get it out.
    before you do that search this site. This has happened before, heating them up can cause you to pull the metal inserts out of the plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinup
    They are put on with locktight, heat them up with a lighter and they will come right off. Don't muscle them off or you could break or strip them.
    I meant the grate itself after all the bolts are out. Not the bolts.

Any clues on what to search for I can't seem to find anything.

Thread Information