Thread: Impeller Stuck

Impeller Stuck

This is my first time pulling apart the pump on my 2000 Ultra 150 and I have a bearing out behind the impellar. I didn't have an impeller removal tools and took it to a local repair shop and they are saying the impeller is welded to the shaft and I will have to buy a shaft, impeller, and pump case which is over $1000.00. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Nick

i dont thinkl so, when putting the pump together, if its like the 15 f (pump and wear ring are 1 piece) you insert the shaft, spin on the impeller, then put the end of the shaft in a vice and use the impeller tool to torque it to specs. there is no room to weld it to the shaft if the pump is set up in the same way.

Ultra pumps are made a little different but still not likely that its welded. I would either try it myself if you have a large vice. Or send it off to impros or skiworx. You would need to remove the tail cone then the wear ring /pump case section. Clamp down on the flats on the tail cone end with a vice. Use the impeller tool and the biggest breaker bar you can find to break it loose. If all else fails you can find a used pump much cheaper than 1k.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kriczky View Post
    This is my first time pulling apart the pump on my 2000 Ultra 150 and I have a bearing out behind the impellar. I didn't have an impeller removal tools and took it to a local repair shop and they are saying the impeller is welded to the shaft and I will have to buy a shaft, impeller, and pump case which is over $1000.00. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Where's your location? I'd help you out if your close by.. Or someone on here can.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am going to see what I can do about it. The dealer that I took it to decided that due to the heat created by the bearing going it the impeller was "welded" to the shaft. In talking to a couple of people I am going to try to remove it myself. Looks like the dealer was looking for me to buy a case, shaft, and impeller instead of trying to fix it.

I also added my location - Austin, TX

BTW, welcome to the forum! almost anybody here os more than happy to lend a helping hand if you live close.

wouldnt surprise me at all if they're just tryin to get money. there is a guy at my local dealership, they call him $300 charlie because he'll make up any lie to get ya to buy unneeded parts worth a couple hundred bucks

Thread Information