Thread: $Install$

$Install$

I was wondering if anybody would b willing to help me install a couple of parts on my stock 06 1300.( Jims ride plate, tunnel reinforcement, intake grate and a holeshot kit not sure on which one yet) I just dont trust myself on installing without help. My ski is in Havasu AZ but i live in Orange County CA so anybody some what near one of those places will work and i will drive to u or whatever is easiest. And i will pay u a reasonable amount of cash for your help and time.

Thanks

All the stuff you want to do are very easy mod's. There is step by step photos and instructions in the how to section. you need to learn how to work on your ski. I felt the same way you did. now I have three 1390 gprs that I have rebilt put in vf'3 new top ends. everthing I learned all from the great people on this site.

:)

yea i know ur probably right its just i want to make sure i'm doing everything right. my ski is still really new looking and i dont wnat to mess anything up

Quote Originally Posted by 1300/2nV View Post
    yea i know ur probably right its just i want to make sure i'm doing everything right. my ski is still really new looking and i dont wnat to mess anything up
    If you take your time and follow instructions you will be good. Like already stated it is better to do the mods your self just in case you need to alter the mod for some reason.

An example of this is the plate. Jim's ride plates need to be angled perfectly to achieve max speed. This can only be done with tuning on the bottom of the boat while at the lake over a period of time.

A plus to all of this is that you have us on the Greenhulk that are a wealth of information. I started out knowing nothing about modding jetskis. Over this last winter with the help of this site and my tuner Ben Herman I built a 1390 motor for my ski and installed it my self.

Anyways good luck!

+1
    Where at in Orange county you live? I know some members up your way and I am just south in Oceanside. I will pm you my number

i'm in La Mirada its south of whittier

+1
    Bill and I both live in Oceanside. We are pretty good with wrenches. If you decide on getting the holeshot kit you need to remove your sound suppression and get the free flow tube, also get the stinger block off gasket from Jet Works. You need two fittings for the pipe lots of hose a through hull fitting a dual cooling block for the pump strainer, also a water bypass for the exhaust pipe cooling water, then the blue 3/8 variable adjustment valve. It is the most involved and probably the one I would do last.

The other stuff is basically labor. You should have the upgraded fittings for the ride plate.

Is your pump shoe sealed? Seal it and let the 5200 fast cure set up before you reinforce your tunnel. Make sure it is slid back and pushed up when you do it.

The ride plate is a piece of cake.

So thats about it.

Thread Information