Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

catch can really need it?

ok i have read the descriptions on what it does so now in english what does it really do is ther a performance gain or just reliability?

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Run a search on this. It has been discussed thouroughly.

sorry already tried that search not very helpfull pulls up alot of stuff that is not at all helpfull so please help dont need any useless post telling me to use search thanks. was that rude? sorry just been a long day

+1

Thumbs up

If you ride in ONLY fresh water ,,,,get it. In salt,,,NO catch can.
    I`m actually removing mine. I take on alot of water! And its brackish. Not good for metal chit.

Quote Originally Posted by soldierpage View Post
    sorry already tried that search not very helpfull pulls up alot of stuff that is not at all helpfull so please help dont need any useless post telling me to use search thanks. was that rude? sorry just been a long day

I'm sure there is info to be found in the search...That’s how I learned but I'm a nice guy and don't mind helping if I can.

Catch can is NOT necessary, some people argue it is better to allow those un-used fluids (mostly milky gas) to reburn and circulate back thru the engine components thus lubricating them and protecting them from corrosion... Others argue its better to just collect that liquid and dispose of it.

It's basically more of a personal preference rather then a necessity.. Try it which ever way you believe makes more sense.

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    I'm sure there is info to be found in the search.. Thatís how I learned.. but I'm a nice guy and don't mind helping if I can...

Catch can is NOT necessary, some people argue it is better to allow those un-used fluids (mostly milky gas) to reburn and circulate back thru the engine components thus lubricating them and protecting them from corrosion... Others argue its better to just collect that liquid and dispose of it.

It's basically more of a personal preference rather then a necessity.. Try it which ever way you believe makes more sense.

Straight oil ain`t a milky substance.

But to the point,,,,you will be sucking oil which deffinately henders the intercooler to do its job. Thats why I said it depends on the water u ride in. Oil is a good thing ESPECIALLY for aluminum. And cleaning an intercooler is easy as hell. Corrosion u dont clean. Its a permanent type of deal.

Out of the two skis we run our catch cans DO NOT COLLECT OIL! Its just seems like gas and maybe a lil something mixed in.....

Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    Out of the two skis we run our catch cans DO NOT COLLECT OIL! Its just seems like gas and maybe a lil something mixed in.....
    With my mods I get about 1/4 cup mixture of oil, gas and water from condensation with every tank of gas. I just don't want that stuff running back through the intake. If you don't have any mods then the catch can is not neccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    With my mods I get about 1/4 cup mixture of oil, gas and water from condensation with every tank of gas. I just don't want that stuff running back through the intake. If you don't have any mods then the catch can is not neccessary.

agreed... this exactly the way I feel.

+1
    I agree with you Larry. What is interesting my T-X catches more per tank of gas then the RXP. I guess the X doesnt really count as a stock ski with no mods. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information