Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Which OPAS Block offs to use

I run a RXP-X and really like how it handles with the Stock OPAS, i took the paddles off and did not like it - it seamed to loose a certin amount of turn in stability. So I have three questions

1. Most of you seam to prefer the RE Block Offs over Riva, why is this ?

2.Will I see any Speed gain by Installing a set of Block offs and getting rid of OPAS ?

3.What will Block Offs do to handling ?

+1
    I was wondering about this, too.

I have heard some guys are cutting the paddles and leaving the OPAS on. If anyone has a pic of a modded OPAS paddle, can you post it up. If it matters I will be adding RIVA sponsons soon.

Or should I go with RE or RIVA BO's with the RIVA sponsons. I want speed, but the ski needs to turn hard, too.

JP

+1
    RE are longer finish the hull all tehway back, RIVa are a bit shorter, although RE are not race legal???
    yes you will seea speed gain 1mph sorta.
    blockoffs will improve rough water handling, but feel different in turns, slower speeds. if you get the re or riva the difference isnt bad, most like the ski better with opas removed.
    if you ever felt a paddle engage at 60mph in the rough, and got stabbed in teh chest by one side of the handlbars, or flipped off the ski completely,
    you would remove the opas...

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    1. RE is preffered to Riva as the RE fill the entire OPAS cavity where Riva fills only half(this is so the Riva can meet ISJBA racing rules)

2.You should see .5 mph from stock OPAS to block offs, but the main gain for block offs to simple deletes is that you reduce porposing.

3. I don't really know, those with Block offs like what they do to handling those who keep OPAS don't like it all that they seem to agree on is that it changes it. Since I haven't done this yet I can't tell you how it changes it.

+1
    When I first removed my opas I just put the regular Riva block offs on (just the plates that cover the holes). It changed how the ski handled. It was a little more sluggish in the turns. And when trying to do speed runs it would porpose sometimes. Then I made some RE style blockoffs out of SS steel. They stopped the porposing added .5 mph and greatly improved the handling in turns. Id highly recamend the RE blockoffs.

whos got some idea on why I'm porposing BAD anywhere from half trim and up at all different speeds. I've got re block offs.

+1
    Honestly I ran my ski with the OPAS for one hour then I put the RE's on. I have done almost 80 on my X with absolutly no propoising, I am not 100% sure that the X need RE's. I do like them for their handling improvment, there is no longer that hook when you are in a tight turn.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    whos got some idea on why I'm porposing BAD anywhere from half trim and up at all different speeds. I've got re block offs.
    Yeah get Jerry's pump extension!!!!! HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    Yeah get Jerry's pump extension!!!!! HAHA
    Thats bull s#*$!!!!!!!!!!!!! If everyone elses rxp's porpoised like mine is they would stop riding completely.....thats how frigging annoying it is.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    Honestly I ran my ski with the OPAS for one hour then I put the RE's on. I have done almost 80 on my X with absolutly no propoising, I am not 100% sure that the X need RE's. I do like them for their handling improvment, there is no longer that hook when you are in a tight turn.
    Would you please describe the "hook" that you're referring to.

I just purchased a 2006 RXP to upgrade my 2001 RX-DI and noticed that they handle differently in a tight turn. I'm curious if the RE Blockoffs would make the RXP feel more like the RX-DI?

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information