Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Been reading alot of forums lately and was wondering what intake grate i should get?

Been reading alot of forums lately and was wondering what intake grate i should get? I have an 06 1300 stock now but want to put a grate on jims plate and Leos. I ride on the Colorodo River and a couple of guys say it depends on what u want top speed or acceration. With a 800 or 1200 grate. I really want top speed but dont want a real bad loss of acceration. Is the loss that bad with the 800 and or is there any other grate that is in the middle. And Also what does everyone recommend The tunnel reinforcement kit ($200) or with epoxy and the cloth? And which one is easier

+1
    Everything you have read about the differences of the 2 grates is true. I have both. I use the 800 when im on the river. The 1200 when im heading down to the shore to wave jump. The swap out is 10 min.

The 800 is 1mph over the 1200 in flat to slight ripple conditions. It's a dog from a dead stop. From a rolling start it's fine.

The 800 hookup in chop isn't as good as the 1200. With the 1200, i can stay on top of 2-3ft rollers even with jim's plate.

If i had to choose just 1. I would go for the 1200, then later down the road pick up an 800 for those special occasions.

+1
    Stick with the 1200 grate

Quote Originally Posted by 1300/2nV View Post
    Been reading alot of forums lately and was wondering what intake grate i should get? I have an 06 1300 stock now but want to put a grate on jims plate and Leos. I ride on the Colorodo River and a couple of guys say it depends on what u want top speed or acceration. With a 800 or 1200 grate. I really want top speed but dont want a real bad loss of acceration. Is the loss that bad with the 800 and or is there any other grate that is in the middle. And Also what does everyone recommend The tunnel reinforcement kit ($200) or with epoxy and the cloth? And which one is easier
    I would say on a stock ski the acceleration on a 1300r is not a big loss with the 800 grate. Also depending on how fast you want to go you can buy a Stainless Steal 800 grate from Green Hulk. This is much stronger and will never crack. The top speed will increase will the 800 grate over the 1200. The stock grate is not safe. The stock pump tunnel is weak. Once against depends on how fast you want to go. If you are staying mostly stock you might skip this. If your going to cross the 70-72 mph you might want to do it.

i think really all i am going to do 4 now is jims plate, a grate and Leos. So wat ever speed that puts me at i'm not exactly sure. And i really only ride on the river so top speed is a big plus with me but i really dont want to lose a alot of acceration so yea not sure. And if i do the reinforcement should i do the kit or with just the cloth and epoxy?

oh yea do u think i should put a new impeller on. will that help my speed at all

+1
    id get the 800 ss grate. Its better on top and will never break. I dnt trust grates that arent stainless steel anymore. The ss grate order is a one and only time order. so if you dnt get one now then you will never be able to get one. Just a thought

+1
    id get the 800 ss grate. Its better on top and will never break. I dnt trust grates that arent stainless steel anymore. The ss grate order is a one and only time order. so if you dnt get one now then you will never be able to get one.

I agree and you will always be able to sell it and get your money back - they will be in short supply the day after the 1st order closed out for ordering

how much r they and where do i buy from

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1300/2nV View Post
    how much r they and where do i buy from
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=819
    mattman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information