Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Can Honda sell their skis ?

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's noticed this, but there seems to be a high inventory of Honda Aquatrax at the dealerships. I visited Powersports of Crofton ( Maryland ), and I swear there was about 60 F12/R12's sitting in the parking lot. I was going there to check out the new F15x. To my suprise he told me that they had 2 F15X's in stock, but they haven't had them built yet. He was ready to sell me a F12/R12 at a huge discount. ( Been there, done that....I laughed and told him I had already owned one. )

I also visited Criswell Powersports in Gaithersburg, MD and they told me that they didn't even order any of the new F15X's because they had a huge inventory of the F12's/R12's and they weren't selling.

So who's ready to pay $15k for a new ski ? Don't get me wrong, I think Honda is a great product, but I think I'll stick my Ultra 250x this year. Maybe I'll get a Honda next year after they've been sitting on the lot !

MS

I know what you mean. Last summer I bought a brand new "2004" R12-X for $6500 right from the dealer. I don't understand it. Been very happy with it.

I have noticed the same thing. I am seriously looking at the leftover 2005 R-12Xs as a beginning machine. What do you think I could get one for since there are so many out there? Is Crofton the best deal out there?

Thanks!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    What happened was Honda the corparation decided that for any dealer that was to carry Honda PWCs had to deal exculsivly with Hondas PWCs only and that scared away a lot of potential customers, because there wasnt going to be any dealers around to work on them, they have now recently changed that idea, but it may be to late for Honda......thats why there are so mant left overs..... I am guessing if you were to make just about ANY reasonable offer on the left overs they would take it............

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    apmoss123 , welcome to the Forum............

Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar
    The local dealer quoted "under $13K" for two non-turbo 2006s, an F-12 and R-12, brand new from the crate. That's a killer deal, IMHO. Why aren't these moving at this price? I wonder if it's just that image-wise, Honda is stuck between the big touring cruisers on one end and the super speedy musclecraft on the other. Frankly, a more "standard" model is what we want to upgrade to. If I decide this is our last season on two-stokes, I'll definitely look into a leftover Honda.

+1
    I'd also like to say WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums 123.

Hey Ultra250TN...do you know anywhere in the East TN area that has some of these leftover honda's? I talked to Honda Of Cool Springs and they quoted $8,600 out the door for 05' turbo honda 2 seater with trailer cover taxes title and registration...all fees included. Trying to find a better deal if at all possible. thx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by apmoss123 View Post
    I have noticed the same thing. I am seriously looking at the leftover 2005 R-12Xs as a beginning machine. What do you think I could get one for since there are so many out there? Is Crofton the best deal out there?

Thanks!
    welcome to the forum

i think they have a hard time selling them because there arent very many honda watercraft dealers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information