Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blown Away

Blown Away

My wife & I have a 2004 HO Cruiser and a buddy of mine purchased a 2005 RXP; so obviously after the breakin he allowed me to take it for a spin...I was blown away at the difference between the two ski's...the hole shot & speed was incredible...here's my question, after last weekend of riding his RXP, I'm considering purchasing an 05' RXP from Riva with the stage 2 kit installed...have I lost my freakin' mind?

+1
    You only lost your mind temporarily however you found it here on this site. I was wondering if Riva would be selling new skis equipped with the Stage II kit since they were offering it with their Stage I. I would say get that thing now and also get the $500 gas card that Sea Doo is offering. They are also having 6.9% financing (these are good points to give to the wife that's on the fence).

I called Riva and we're negotiating the price...their quoting $9995.00 for the RXP w/o trailer and the stage 2 kit installed for another $3900.00...plus delivery to Memphis of course. What do you think?

+1
    So, approximately $13,895 for turnkey ski that is supposed to 75 MPH. That seems like a fair deal.

You might make a similar call to Mark Underwood at Race Tech / 416-230-1743. He does the same thing, but not sure how they compare pricewise.

+1
    Their Stage II kit is $2817 and change so the $3900 would be roughly $1000 for install (actually I'm sure it's just their profit and liability figured into this price). If you were to divide $80/hour shop rate that's saying something like 13.5 hours to install the kit.

I think it's a good deal because I know it's not just the labor you're buying, it's the convenience, liability and assurance of the kit installed without having to wait for backorders or doing it piece-by-piece. But since you're still negotiating, why don't you ask them to throw in the Pro Series OPAS kit in lieu of the basic block off? That's about a $220 difference.

It sure don't hurt to ask...maybe I'll ask them to throw in an RXP cover & seat cover as well...all they can do is say, ugh, No...

I just reviewed the parts list for the stage 2 kit and the Pro Series Sponsons are included with the OPAS perf block off...

+1
    The "Performance" kit is in the kit and the "Pro Series" is optional. I have yet to hear someone running that Pro Series kit.

Tell me if I'm looking at this incorrectly, the parts list for the stage 2 kit include: Power Filter Kit, Vortech Supercharger Impeller, Power Cooler Kit, Rear Exhaust Kit, Solas Concord Impeller, Top Loader Intake Grate, Pump Wedge, Pro-Series Sponson Kit, and OPAS Performance Block-Off Kit...

Call mrk Underwood If he sells the boat and installed his stage 1 I will be Faster but you will have to buy and intake grate and make an air filter kit that will flow better than rivas. (Riva is cool but mark give you an proformance ecu that wil suport better mods than just installing an intercooler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information