+1

GP1300R Stock Ride Plate (any mods available)

I am looking to see if there are any mods that will make the stock ride plate faster???

I am looking to get an aftermarket modded plate soon, but funds are short right now.

I currently run a stock boat with a solas 13/19 concord impeller, PPK, and 1200 R&D intake grate. Everything on the motor is stock except for waveeater clips and couplers.

Thanks for the help

Try putting some thin washers underneath the front bolt holes. This will increase the angle of the plate, but be careful that the front edge of the plate doesn't hang down under the level of the hull or the pump shoe... you'll LOSE speed that way!

Also, you could grind down the bosses on the rear mounts to increase the angle that way, as well, just be careful that you're grinding equal amounts on both sides. The more angle you put on the plate, though, increases the likelihood that the hull will porpoise at speed.

Look on the online store here, Jim does his FF mod on stock plates for about 80 bucks (I think).

What kind of riding do you do? In rough water the stock plate is one of the best.

EDIT: Here's the link... it's 145 dollars, plus shipping. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78_80&produ cts_id=712
    Last edited by cincygpr; 05-15-2008 at 10:45 AM.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    I am looking to see if there are any mods that will make the stock ride plate faster???

I am looking to get an aftermarket modded plate soon, but funds are short right now.

I currently run a stock boat with a solas 13/19 concord impeller, PPK, and 1200 R&D intake grate. Everything on the motor is stock except for waveeater clips and couplers.

Thanks for the help
    There is a little that can be done to get you about 1 to 1.5 MPH. But an after market modded plate is the way to go.

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cincygpr View Post
    Try putting some thin washers underneath the front bolt holes. This will increase the angle of the plate, but be careful that the front edge of the plate doesn't hang down under the level of the hull or the pump shoe... you'll LOSE speed that way!

Also, you could grind down the bosses on the rear mounts to increase the angle that way, as well, just be careful that you're grinding equal amounts on both sides.

Look on the online store here, Jim does his FF mod on stock plates for about 80 bucks (I think).
    I used a couple of thin washers on the front of my OEM rideplate and it gave me almost 2MPH...

We offered a "budjet rideplate mod" to the stock plate since late 1999 when we got the first 1200R out of the dealer.
    in all honesty, theres more to be gained from an unmodded aftermarket plate then modding the stocker.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDRACING View Post
    We offered a "budjet rideplate mod" to the stock plate since late 1999 when we got the first 1200R out of the dealer.
    in all honesty, theres more to be gained from an unmodded aftermarket plate then modding the stocker.
    It'd probably be a good idea to save a little bit and snatch up a cheap used plate from here... look around enough and someone will be selling a Riva or R&D plate for cheap. Get used to it for awhile, then when it feels slow again, send it to Jim to get machined.

I know what it feels like to be on a budget too... college expenses aren't conducive for making the GPR go faster!
    Last edited by cincygpr; 05-15-2008 at 12:53 PM.

+1
    You're so right about that. That is why I will be picking my degree up today. I'm done with that sh*t!

Thread Information