Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need to learn about pwc

alright everyone i am a student in high school and i just cant get enough of waverunners/jetskis/seadoos. I have 3 different 1s im only 17 never did any mods to any of them. I have had a 1100 raider a 97 gtx and now i have 08 wake that i got for my brother (skyline99K) and i bday. We love the wake cant get enough of the speed and handling on the vts. itching to go wakeboarding already. ok so i got 1 year left of high skool and was wondering how is the pwc industry working. I never modded a pwc before but would like to start. People who own companys can u give any advice im addicted to my ski. How many pwc sell a year if anyone knows? umm... how much do u business owners get paid yearly cuz im thinking as doing this a profession. ik its personal so if u can pm me that would b great if not o well jsut trying to get some number. i might want to go skool to be a engineer mechanic for wave runners or in some feild like that. any shop owners please chime in. any mechanics out there wut did u do to get started. im dying to learn everything. I c wut hallpass has done and its very impressive and hes a few years younger than me. i want to learn how to rebuild engines. What did every one do to get started????????? jerry if u can give me some info since this is ur site and its is amazing and i c how u somewut started and own a pwc business that would be great. Also island racing if u can take part in this also cuz ik ur from port washington and i live in plainview i would love to c how stuff works. i love to learn bout pwcs.

thanks justin
    Last edited by jcoop421; 05-15-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    I personally..

took one thing off, looked at it tooked another thing off, looked at it took another thing off and posted inbetween things on this site.

Then bought some parts, then thought well I'm this far might as well go farther, took some more off, bought some more.. and now have gone back.

My overall point is that you need to just do it. I am one of those kids who takes stuff a part just because of it and puts it back working. ( can't vouch for the jet ski yet.. but soon I can )

I took apart my 100 some dollar school calculator and painted it the school colors and put it back together...

Also I know I have asked people about this, because I think it would be great to own or do something in jet skis as a profession. They told me to go into business because without going to college after high school it will be hard to go places.

Carl is close to you, so maybe you could take a weekend and go down and be kind of like a apprentice?

I know JD 1 is about an 2 hours away from me, and I have already talked to him and he said that he is more than happy for me to come up if I get like an RXP or do a GPRXP where I can go and he can teach me "the ways" and I can learn first hand and hands on.

I am sure people in your area will do the same.

Good luck, and I am sure more people will chime in!

yea carl is very less than 20 miles from me i would love to be an apprentince and right now i dont have a ski to work on. im def going to college just dont no wut. Carl if u can join. also thanks hallpass.
    Last edited by jcoop421; 05-15-2008 at 06:49 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by evo8coop View Post
    yea carl is very less than 20 miles from me i would love to be an apprentince and right now i dont have a ski to work on. im def going to college just dont no wut. Carl if u can join. also thanks hallpass.

May I suggest becoming an electrical engineer, so that you can make us reprogrammed ECUs on the cheap... you know as a reward for all of the knowledge the gurus here have shared with us.. thx

mayb idk bout that feild lol

anyone professinals
    Last edited by jcoop421; 05-16-2008 at 03:22 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by evo8coop View Post
    mayb idk bout that feild lol

anyone professinals

??? sorry, can you clarify that sentence ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    ??? sorry, can you clarify that sentence ?
    Maybe I don't care about that field (referring to electrical enginer in previous post). I thought you had teenagers Billy.

thats the answer duke im just looking for soem guidance and info

+1
    gotcha....

I', still deciphering new lingo every day

OMG
    BFF
    LOL

hee-heeee !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information