Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What mod should be next?

Before spending money I wanted to make sure I spent it on the right mod.

I curently have an 06 RXT with:
    Riva stage I kit (Air intake, Impeller, pump wedge, intake grate)
    Riva blow off valve
    Riva sponsons
    Waterbox mod
    Riva rear exhaust
    Riva OPAS eliminator
    Rear seat has been drilled out for more air flow
    Stainless impeller ring
    Reverse bucket has been trimmed
    Turning 7800 RPM

What should be next? I have been thinking about an external intercooler, green wheel, and shorty waterbox.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 05-16-2008 at 08:50 PM.

+1
    Get rid of that blow off valve 4 a start, the riva valves are renowned 4 leaking, if u want to run a blow off valve buy a good quality 1 that is not going to leak. This will b costing you boost pressure if it is leaking. Next i would go for a sc wheel upgrade and maybe a external intercooler. Bearing in mind that you will prob have to fit a steeper pitch pump impellar coz of the extra power. Also if you get anything other than the gen1 riva vortech wheel you are going to need either bigger injectors or the rising rate fuel regulator, i personly think the reg is a better buy coz it is future proof, as no matter what mods you go for this will be able to supply the fuel, well to an extent any way if you went rele mad with a turbo or somthing then it may not cope. But im guessin tht you aint quite goint that far just yet!!! Hope this helps R8

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar
    If your going to add an intercooler and Green Wheel, you will need a Solas 14/19 as well.
    Get rid of the Riva sponsons and put the stock ones back on. RE's and skegs will greatly improve your handling.
    Also your RPM's are a little low.
    Last edited by Fateracing; 05-18-2008 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateracing View Post
    If your going to add an intercooler and Green Wheel, you will need a Solas 14/19 as well.
    Get rid of the Riva sponsons and put the stock ones back on. RE's and skegs will greatly improve your handling.
    Also your RPM's are a little low.
    Solas 14/19 is for an RXP stage 1 Riva. RXT Riva stage 1 is Solas 14/17R. I think he stated that he has a stage 1 Riva and owns an RXT? I could be wrong? he's RPM is low for a stage 1. A stock RXT runs around 7,950 ish RPM? A stage 1 should be around 8,100 ish RPM?......???? am I wrong? I have an RXP and running a 14/19. something is wrong on his '06 RXT. his only turning 7800 rpm as he stated? with all the mods he stated, I expect more ?????????
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 05-18-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Gus
    BEFORE you do anything such as an intake do the thermostat mod. I did it yesterday and had to pull the 4 inch inch out to get to it. Its a relative easy mod just took a little time because you can't see half the bolts and its nearly at the lowest point of the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Solas 14/19 is for an RXP stage 1 Riva. RXT Riva stage 1 is Solas 14/17R. I think he stated that he has a stage 1 Riva and owns an RXT? I could be wrong? he's RPM is low for a stage 1. A stock RXT runs around 7,950 ish RPM? A stage 1 should be around 8,100 ish RPM?......???? am I wrong? I have an RXP and running a 14/19. something is wrong on his '06 RXT. his only turning 7800 rpm as he stated? with all the mods he stated, I expect more ?????????
    I was thinking the same thing, that my RPM is low from what others on here are at. Yes I have a stage one and a few other things done too. Maybe the guy I bought it from put in a taller impeller than what is typical with the stage one? It definately gets up to speed though and when I talked to the previouse owner he stated 7800 is where it runs. I'll have to see if I can find out what impeller he put in it. If it is a taller one, its definately time for more mods. I looked but can not see the numbers on it, just saw that it was a 4 blade and looks like the Solas.

Would a high boost wheel (found one used) and intercooler (XS setup) be the right step?
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 05-18-2008 at 06:51 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Gus
    BEFORE you do anything such as an intake do the thermostat mod. I did it yesterday and had to pull the 4 inch inch out to get to it. Its a relative easy mod just took a little time because you can't see half the bolts and its nearly at the lowest point of the ski.
    Yeah, being in FL I thought about that. I saw the DIY post. Is that what you did or did you buy one of the kits or complete replacements?

I bought the rotax, plug and play. My intentioin as a winter project is to modify the old thermo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    I beg to disagree, I'm running a 14/19R on my 06 RXT and am very pleased with the performance. 8120 RPM's 67.2 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by skooter525 View Post
    I beg to disagree, I'm running a 14/19R on my 06 RXT and am very pleased with the performance. 8120 RPM's 67.2 MPH
    skooter, I am just going by what the original poster said that he has an RXT with a stage 1 Riva. I went and looked at the Riva stage 1 for an RXT and it said what I posted. That's why I blistered my post with a lot of "?"s marks. Now that I know that he bought it used and the previous owner said it has this?.... and that is?....and runs at this RPM? and for all I care, the seller, might be just blowing sunshine up his A$$ to sell the ski? there's a lot of unknowned information of this RXT. GUS actually has to look at the Impeller to figure out if what pitch it is.? So, that tell me everything is a mystery from now untill somebody that knows what he's doing and tears it apart and lined up all the parts and identify them and solved the mystery. I am running a 14/19 too, but I need to repitch it, and happy for now. but I could be more happier later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information