Thread: hood rattling?

hood rattling?

going over the rough stuff I hear some rattling, where is it coming from? the hood? does the side pieces rattle?
    anyway how can I stop the rattling?
    also when getting soaked over the bow, I`ll find water in the storage buckett, what`s up with that? thanks folks...PR...

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    saweet, Thanks Kale, I`m all over that!...

This was also discussed last week. See http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56885

Quote Originally Posted by AZDan View Post
    This was also discussed last week. See http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56885
    I thought I came across that, thanks...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    going over the rough stuff I hear some rattling, where is it coming from? the hood? does the side pieces rattle?
    anyway how can I stop the rattling?
    also when getting soaked over the bow, I`ll find water in the storage buckett, what`s up with that? thanks folks...PR...
    PR, next time you hear the rattle press on the guage cluster and see if it goes away
    Mine was a tad loose and would rattle (buzzz) in the rough. If you remove the fairings there are two 10mm nuts on the back of the cluster. My '06 worked out to "less than finger-tight".

Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    PR, next time you hear the rattle press on the guage cluster and see if it goes away
    Mine was a tad loose and would rattle (buzzz) in the rough. If you remove the fairings there are two 10mm nuts on the back of the cluster. My '06 worked out to "less than finger-tight".
    will do, Thanks!

+1
    FYI! I saw a new blue GPR yesterday and I'm more of a red fan but damn that thing was fine!!!! I couldn't stop looking at how nice of a blue it was and the closer you get the better it looks. Congrats PR you have a nice ride.

P.S. My trottle cable had a lot of slack in it new and would not reach WOT. 59mph was the best it did like that lol... make sure your slack is taken up at the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by GPryan View Post
    FYI! I saw a new blue GPR yesterday and I'm more of a red fan but damn that thing was fine!!!! I couldn't stop looking at how nice of a blue it was and the closer you get the better it looks. Congrats PR you have a nice ride.

P.S. My trottle cable had a lot of slack in it new and would not reach WOT. 59mph was the best it did like that lol... make sure your slack is taken up at the trigger.
    Thanks! will do!...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Thanks! will do!...
    Just make sure that when your at WOT that you are not still trying to pull the cable against the carb stops.... That's how the cables break or the cheap plastic levers.
    It should be WOT but not stressing the cable when you have a fist full of throttle.

Thread Information