Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rxp X Mod Results

So today after 2 hours on my RXP X i decided to install the stage 1 kit from RIVA with an R D intake Grate. With 1 hour of use i installed a RIVA power filter and used silicone around the ride plate. I GPS 70.0 at about 8050 RPMS. I was really impressed...

I decided to buy the wedge, 15/22/R, extension rod and RD intake Grate and also filled the ride plate holes. This is wall done today... Went on a speed run and expected to see results of about 75.0.. Came back with 73.0 with about 7,900 RPMS. Was not impressed...

I have the reduction nozzle but will install tomorrow and then tweek the prop. Hopfully i will see 75 tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Can anyone post there results on there RXPX with similar mods.
    Last edited by Shnorlin; 05-17-2008 at 08:35 PM.

+1
    Very nice speeds!
    just think stock ski with no power adders and your at 73 with no tunning yet. I think the X skis will rock very nicely with some minor mods and fine tunning. I cant wait to get a grate, prop, and new air intake on my X.
    Good luck with your new ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnorlin View Post
    So today after 2 hours on my RXP X i decided to install the stage 1 kit from RIVA with an R D intake Grate. With 1 hour of use i installed a RIVA power filter and used silicone around the ride plate. I GPS 70.0 at about 8050 RPMS. I was really impressed...

I decided to buy the wedge, 15/22/R, extension rod and RD intake Grate and also filled the ride plate holes. This is wall done today... Went on a speed run and expected to see results of about 75.0.. Came back with 73.0 with about 7,900 RPMS. Was not impressed...

I have the reduction nozzle but will install tomorrow and then tweek the prop. Hopfully i will see 75 tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

I have modded a lot more now but I can tell you I cut the outer wings of the stock intake grate, filled the ride plate holes, installed RE block offs, and ran a riva wedge. I ran 75.2 mph, looking back I really dodged a bullet with going that fast and not overstuffing.

You did take a chance with cutting the stock Grate. I would have thought with the rd grate filled holes and other riva parts i would have easily gotten 75

+1
    You did take a chance with cutting the stock Grate. I would have thought with the rd grate filled holes and other riva parts i would have easily gotten 75
    When I spoke to Riva a couple days ago they said the 15/22R really likes the reduction nozzle. My guess is once you get that put on you will see 75mph. What RPM's were you running btw?

Sounds good so far

7900 rpms riva said the same thing about the reduction nozzle. i hope they are not just saying that to sell it.

+1
    7900 rpms riva said the same thing about the reduction nozzle. i hope they are not just saying that to sell it.
    You should be turning 8000, and when you add the reduction nozzle you might lose some rpms. Try it out and let us know.

+1

Did you run the stock prop with r and d? If so what were your rpm's. Just currious to how it compared to the 15/22?

Man when im trimmed up sum im riding at 8040-8100 rpms stock...
    Also Shnorlin how mny hours do you have on your ski total?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information