Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Grate ?

Another Grate ?

So far I understand that the sftermarket grate help the ski`s hook-up in moderate to heavy chop better, with some gains in speed, but most importantly it`ll stay hooked-up.
    So, if you were running on glass or smooth to moderate chop would the stock grates be the ticket?...PR...

PR:

I changed out my stock grate on my RXP for the Riva one, and there was no difference in top speed on glass water. If anything I saw about a 1/4 mph on the gps faster on the Riva grate.

The Riva grate keeps the pump loaded much better in the chop

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    PR... on the RXPs they see gains in speed regardless of water conditions.

on the 3-seaters, the feedback seems to be a 50/50 split... some say it slows u down on glass, some say u gain on glass. are you finding your R&D grate might be slowing u down in calm waters?

i just got a Riva intake grate so i'll back to back test the two different grates on my RXT and see what my experience is

I have an rxt. With the stock grate i got 68.4 with grate holes filled. I got the riva grate and i got 68.4 without grate holes filled. I'm going to have to fill them and see if i gained anything. The problem is, the silicone gets ripped out on one run.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinup
    I have an rxt. With the stock grate i got 68.4 with grate holes filled. I got the riva grate and i got 68.4 without grate holes filled. I'm going to have to fill them and see if i gained anything. The problem is, the silicone gets ripped out on one run.
    i use magnum marine epoxy..$4 at lowes or home depot. it easy to work with and doesnt get ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485

on the 3-seaters, the feedback seems to be a 50/50 split... some say it slows u down on glass, some say u gain on glass. are you finding your R&D grate might be slowing u down in calm waters?

i just got a Riva intake grate so i'll back to back test the two different grates on my RXT and see what my experience is
    I`m wondering if the R&D grate scrubs off any speed!? The river we run in is usually smooth to moderate most of the time. It is the bay that gets real nasty. No matter how you look at it, even though the 3 seaters predominantly handle the rougher waters a little better than the 2 seaters, you still get a popunding flying across 2-3ft+ chop. Sometimes you are forced to really go slow bc of current/tide/winds etc, and wondered if it was worth switching back to the stock grate would be more efficient and yeild a tick more speed on calmer waters. The 69 mph runs were in chop, I have yet to run in glass or real smoooth conditions so far. Maybe there is alittlew more, maybe not!?...PR...

Thanks MX i'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485

I`m wondering if the R&D grate scrubs off any speed!? The river we run in is usually smooth to moderate most of the time. It is the bay that gets real nasty. No matter how you look at it, even though the 3 seaters predominantly handle the rougher waters a little better than the 2 seaters, you still get a popunding flying across 2-3ft+ chop. Sometimes you are forced to really go slow bc of current/tide/winds etc, and wondered if it was worth switching back to the stock grate would be more efficient and yeild a tick more speed on calmer waters. The 69 mph runs were in chop, I have yet to run in glass or real smoooth conditions so far. Maybe there is alittlew more, maybe not!?...PR...

any guesses?...PR...

Still nothing?? does anyone know if the stock grate is faster on the 3 seaters??? on glass of course...PR...

I have an rxt. With the stock grate i got 68.4 with grate holes filled. I got the riva grate and i got 68.4 without grate holes filled. I'm going to have to fill them and see if i gained anything. The problem is, the silicone gets ripped out on one run. I would imagine i would get another .4 out of it when i fill the grate holes. The riva is faster than the stock. I tried both back to back a couple of months back, its much hotter now so i couldn't get a good comparison now if i tried. But the riva grate is faster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information