Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hydro mat

Exclamation hydro mat

hey everyone hydroturf.com has overstock sheets 42"X62" diamond cut
    purple only for $35.00 plus shipping Just wanted to give a Heads UP

+1
    I wonder if they still have the grey, I use it for my golf carts, flooring on my garage etc.

Sweet I'm there... My mats on my 95 SL750 are toast (adhesive is toast, so are the mats there torn discolored and tearing (pressurewasher added 2 more tears lol)

To HE77 with Georgia!
    Perfect. The whole back pad on my 96 SL900 is toast. I tore it off and was trying to get the adhesive off.. what a PITA. I was working at it for almost 2 hours, and probably have another solid hour left to get the remnants off. I'm debating if I should take it all off now, take the 4+ hours it'll take, and redo it all at once, or just fix what's broken and not expect this ski to ever be show-pretty.. wait til I get a newer model to be vain. :-\

GT Rambo did you try using acetone and a small scrub brush? I replaced the mats on my Pro 1200 in under an hour used about a quart of acetone for about $5 at Lowes. Just a suggestion if it helps.

To HE77 with Georgia!
    I found an adhesive remover that seemed to gel up the adhesive pretty well, without eating through the clear coat. The problem is in how much adhesive is there.. Perhaps a previous owner had resprayed (maybe more than once) adhesive to get the original pads to stick again. The other issue was that there was a clear plastic between the original padding and the adhsive. Like the padding was glued to the plast that was glued to the hull. The plastic was like the cellophane CD wrapper consistency. Touch, but tears easily. I could not pull much of it off, and it helped the adhesive clump together and made it more difficult to remove. I have bottles of Denatured Alocohol, Acetone, and Mineral Spirits. I'll try them in that order to avoid unneccesary damage into the clear coat.. not that it matters if it'll be covered by a pad...

I used acetone and some paint color came off on the rag, but I think it was just old oxidized paint. Actually where the original turf was was still slightly visable as a darker color which helped when putting the new ones on from a location stand point. When I got the hydro turf kit the instructions called for acetone to remove old adhesive.

Good luck, in hindsight I wish I would have worn some disposable gloves as my hands were a mess afterwords

I just came across this but it looks like it is still available. Will the 40"x62" sheet be enough to do My SL900?

How bad is the B stock dark gray? My SLX 780 is peeling also.

Thanks

2000 pro 785 (son's) 1998 pro 785 (dads) old guy in mich's Avatar
    just got a spray guard for 15 frosties from them too! b stock had some punch indentions but only on the back side

goo gone works well on old adhesive.
    Last edited by old guy in mich; 08-20-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: add

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    I was wanting to get a spray guard for the PSI SL Too. I was wonder if with the Hydroturf Mat if it wouldn't be worth the extra $25.00 for the 3M adhesive backing to be on it. Would be easier then having to try and be careful with the contact cement in the footwells.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information