Banned User
    +1

Which Ski is the best for me???

Hello, I'm new too this forum, but not new to Jet Ski's. I started out with two JS400's in 1976, and have been riding stand-up off and on since then.

I've only ridden a couple of sitdown ski's, but that's not the point. I'm getting older, and my back just won't allow me to ride a stand up anymore.

What I'm looking for is a "comfortable" sitdown ski. It only has to seat one. I've "narrowed" it down to the Yamaha FX SHO, and the Seadoo RXT-X.

Question; of those two ski's listed, which is going to be the fastest, most comfortable ski. Also, I want a reliable ski, and something that can be heavily modded in the years too come.

The reason I'm asking on the Seadoo forum is im leaning that way. I like the idea of the closed cooling system to keep critters out of the engine and not having to flush it each time.

I'll be riding mostly 1 mile from my house on Lake Havasu. Also, if you live here, where would you go to get the best deal on a ski??

Closed loop is great....., but you still have to flush.

Banned User
    +1
    Yea, I understand the exhaust still pull in outside water. I just think its a smart idea with the closed loop as the ski is always going to operate at close to optimum temperature no matter what the water temperature is.

Then theres the 255hp thing. That's gotta kick ass.

The two skis you narrowed it down to are both VERY great machines. Going with EITHER is not a mistake. To narrow it down even more for ya, I would have to say (and most will probably agree) that the RXT-X is going to be a faster machine. And I think most will agree that the SHO is a more comfortable machine. Although, I am not saying the SD is uncomfortable and that the Yamaha is slow. The seadoo has adjustable handle bars to make riding positions more comfy and the SHOs (from lookin around the forum) look to be averaging anywhere between high 65s to high 66 range. At this point, it looks to be that the RXT-X is the "modding" machine, but in the future im sure there is a lot to be released with the SHO. IF your a "long trip" person I would probably go with the SHO (awesome new cruise control feature) but if you want to be the fastest 3 seater on the lake, go with the RXT-X. Hope I helped ya out and if you have any questions feel free to PM

I actually prefer the sea doo to the yami on the comfort level. I think the Yami bounces around a lot more than the Doo, and the Yami seat is way too freaking wide. Like riding a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by 04RXP22 View Post
    I actually prefer the sea doo to the yami on the comfort level. I think the Yami bounces around a lot more than the Doo, and the Yami seat is way too freaking wide. Like riding a horse.
    Yeah my post wasn't exact hehe...but it was just what I mostly hear around here. I usually hear that the yamaha has a more comfy seat and positioning, but of course its the riders opinion.

Banned User
    +1
    I've sat on both, and the Yamaha(SHO Cruiser) was a bit wide, and the "backrest" was a little too close for me(I'm 6'). I like the seat on the -X, and it looks like I would be able to move around on it a bit more.

I want to cruise long distances, but also want to have good handling and ride quality. I'm in Lake Havasu, so I can ride year round(except the middle of summer, which is just to hot). I'd like to ride to Topock, or Laughlin, have lunch, and come back.

Being used to stand ups, and an old X-2, I still feel the need to stand up from time to time and "play". But I'm worried how much my 45 year old body will handle.

+1
    get a used rxt, and a used xpdi.
    rxt is really good, easily modified. cheaper than new rxtx
    xpdi is fun and playful, fast, most fun carving sitdown.
    combined you might be able to get both for what a rxtx goes for new...
    dont disregard the xpdi,
    take one for a spin, you might like the performance ride vs. the barge ride of the bigger skis.
    i own both and i like the xpdi, i also own a standup, age 35.
    i know guys who are pushin 50 still riding the fx-1's hard, flips barrel rolls etc. have you been on a standup lately? sxr is a quantum leap in handling over the old skis!

Thread Information