Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

First ride on my P-X

Brought my P-X home on 4-21-08. Today ( May 17 ) I got to ride it for the first time. Delay was that I wanted to make some changes before I ever launched it. First was the water filter for the intercooler. Then RR 158 degree thermostat--- Riva exhaust pipe--- Riva power pipe directly to up front outside air---bilge pump--(very glad I installed that little item)--homemade catch can--Jims ride plate mods with skegs and ride plae holes filled--and last but not least--Riva"s 15/22R prop. The day I picked up the ski I had to wait while the dealer performed the exhaust update. Wont go into the prop install--my first time and all did not go well--my bad. All is well with the prop now--except I screwed up my wear ring--oh well. With many hours of help fron RXTMAN-- I got to launch today. Let it warm up for about five minutes and them balls to the wall--to wide open --hold it for about twenty seconds --the slowly come of the throttle. Went for about 1/4 mile at about 5000 rpm--then wide open again. Wnen I got to about 7500 rpms--BINGO--weird strange sound--exhaust noise changed--got louder--then ski started slowing down. Pulled over to a dock and was waiting for RXTMAN to come from my house on my other Sea-Doo to met and ride with me--just in case on the new ski. Well he showed up and we towed the ski back to my dock. We pulled the seat off--and low and behold--the water box had come of the coupler hose from the exhaust manifold. ( by the way on the way back I turned on the bilge pump and cleared out a bunch of water. ) After many curse words we got the exhaust back together putting four clamps on. (tomorrow will buy four T-clamps.) Went back out and all seems well. (In all this exciment and adventure I forgot my GPS. Anyhow--the first 40 yards it accelerates as good as my 2004 82 mph RXP. Made several runs to 8000 rpms (with the stock P-X grate still on) By my estimate of the speed feeling on my 04 RXP--I feel I was close to 75 mph or so. By the time I got back and quit for the day my hour meter was still not at one hour. I realize some will not agree with my break in procedure--but I have been breaking in motors for about 50 years and they have all run good--rings seat real fast. Tomorrow I will go out again--this time with my gps. Will add to the thread then. Time to have a Crown and seven.

Crown and seven huh?....I musta left before the celebration started....DAMN!

+1
    I agree 100% with your break in proceedure Ray. I break mine in the same way

+1
    Good Job Sundance!
    I envy you if your doing 75 allready. I am still waiting on prop?
    I assume you installed the riva free flow pipe. If you installed thru hull then let me know what you did with the ic. I cant wait to get the black crap out the back.
    By the way that is how i broke in my ski.

+1
    yep me to ran it about five miuntes ( after letting it warm up on trailer to tighten all the clamps) then from about 30 went WOT several times

Hey what exhaust do you have the free flow or a thru hull?

+1
    I type slow

+1
    I needed to reply to the break in period of this post. My dealer claims they can check at the 10 hour service if the ski was over 40MPH which would then void my warrenty. How true is this? cause im ready to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    I needed to reply to the break in period of this post. My dealer claims they can check at the 10 hour service if the ski was over 40MPH which would then void my warrenty. How true is this? cause im ready to go...
    There is nothing in the Owners Manual about not exceeding 40 MPH, just WOT. Since 2002, I have never seen or heard of a dealer voiding a warranty on a 4-Tec. The dealers get more from BRP for a warranty claim than from regular service. BTW, did your dealer tell you to use the Learners key for breakin?... Ron

+1
    Yeah they did, but i dont agree with that, using my reglaur key so i can change up the RPMs more for the break in... broke my 04 GTX SC for a few hours then was going WOT, just didnt know if they changed anything up.

+1
    Ray, Why didn't you ask me to install that prop? I love stuff like that. I have done 25 or so RXP props.
    I thought you were gonna do something else with that 15-22R.

Anyway I have T-bolt clamps if you need some. FREE ofcoarse for a RIDE!!!

Hey, I need to call you as I brought my ski's home for the SHO romping on the lake you want to do this weekend. Do you have a spare Ski dock?

I'll call you latter.

Oh do you think water got in anywere bad?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information