Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dead battery again!!!!!

Ok so this is really starting to piss me off.

Got the ski (slt780) all put together yesterday thanks to help from some people on here found aleak in my water intake line. Hooked up everything and installed an intelligard (hooks up and monitors the battery and disconnects on the positive if it seees its getting too low to start) Went out today to start it and there wasnt enough juice. Had the battery load tested yesterday and they said it was good have only had the battery since june 07

Had the problem before where the bilge would just run replaced the VR and put the bilge on a switch with a fuse and grounded it to the battery, then the MFD wouldnt shut off after use and would drain the battery, so put in this intelligaurd thing.....i have no clue whats going on and i really hate electrical stuff.......really need some help to fiugre this one out..i cant keep showing up to go with a dead battery!

+1
    MSD quick disconnect battery harness! Makes it easy to unhook your battery everytime you get off the water.

That however only gets around your problem, your boat shouldn't be draining the battery while it just sits there.

I am not the best on the electronics either, others will chime in with what you need to look for.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by paramuir View Post
    Ok so this is really starting to piss me off.

Got the ski (slt780) all put together yesterday thanks to help from some people on here found aleak in my water intake line. Hooked up everything and installed an intelligard (hooks up and monitors the battery and disconnects on the positive if it seees its getting too low to start) Went out today to start it and there wasnt enough juice. Had the battery load tested yesterday and they said it was good have only had the battery since june 07

Had the problem before where the bilge would just run replaced the VR and put the bilge on a switch with a fuse and grounded it to the battery, then the MFD wouldnt shut off after use and would drain the battery, so put in this intelligaurd thing.....i have no clue whats going on and i really hate electrical stuff.......really need some help to fiugre this one out..i cant keep showing up to go with a dead battery!
    If you replaced the VR ,you shoud not have to put a switch on the bilge circut,,
    and if the mfd is still reading gas,oil,trim,rpm i would say the VR is still not right ....
    i have a shadetree (hack) solution for ya,,,
    my parents have a yami xl760 and it has a theft code thing that kills the batt in 5 days flat,,so i put a small battery switch with plastic key,,,turn off when done ,,back on to ride ,works perfect same batt for 3 years now
    mattman

I had put in the switch prior to the replacement ot eh VR, so should i take it out and re run the bilge how it was??? anyone know where the bilge should be hooked up to???gorund and positive????

also this intelliguard thing is suppose to be just that...a switch to disonnect the battery when you are done...but didnt work still not enough power to start...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true

any other thougths out there

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    hook up the bilge like stock ,do you have a manual??www.mattmans.com/polaris/upload
    this is the 1 i got for 10 bucks

mattman

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I had put in the switch prior to the replacement to the VR, so should i take it out and re run the bilge how it was???
    anyone know where the bilge should be hooked up to???
    ground and positive????

also this Intelliguard thing is suppose to be just that ...a switch to disconnect the battery when you are done ...but didn't work still not enough power to start...
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true
    any other thoughts out there
    Could you scan and post the instructions for the Battery Guard?

Also, tell me exactly what you have changed ro connected to what.

We can get this sorted, just need clear and complete info.

Perhaps a few photos of how you have things connected would help.

Bilge pump connects to ground, and to the Orange wire, which is switched ON only when the LR voltage regulator senses that the engine is rotating (via the Yellow wire). If you have changed this, I suggest you put it back the way it was.

When the engine stops, the LR regulator is supposed to turn off the power to the Orange wire. The Bilge button on the handlebar bypasses the LR, and forces 12 volts to the Orange wire.

With the Bilge pump connected as per factory configuration, you can confirm correct operation with a multi-meter (do you have one?), or by putting your hand on the pump to feel it spinning. It should run when the engine is on, and stop when the engine stops.

The Battery Guard can only protect the battery from excess discharge if it is hooked up properly. Once I see the instructions, I can tell you more. I would go buy one, just to see how it works, but I think the stores are closed today (Victoria Day holiday).

With Electrical diagnostics, it is important to not change too many things at once, and to verify that what you think is going on is what is actually happening.

ok well i am charging the battery i will try to hook up the bilge how it was in the past before i out it on a switch....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I am charging the battery. I will try to hook up the bilge how it was in the past before i out it on a switch....
    The MFD is always connected to battery power via the Red/Purple wire.

I think the MFD normally goes to low-power sleep mode after a few minutes with the engine off, lanyard OUT, and no buttons being pressed. Does yours do this?

If you can scan and send me the Battery Guard instructions, that would be useful.

no my mfd didnt do that and i think thats why it kept killing my battery....

+1
    ok well i am charging the battery i will try to hook up the bilge how it was in the past before i out it on a switch....
    How many amp battery charger are you using 2,6 or 10?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information