Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Help- New RXT-X sucked up smalll piece of wood

Hi guys-

I have been a lurker for a while. I own a GTX Limited (Metal washers installed last week from GreenHulk) and just picked up a RXT-X last week. At one hour and ten minutes into the ride I sucked something up (small piece of wood as run off is starting move up here- I think). When I did this with my GTX the shop charged $169 to repair

As you guys are the Doo Genius’ I wanted to ask for help---especially with labor day approaching... I was not sure on what to search for on the forum… Any help would be greatly appreciated

I thank you in advance!!

+1
    first things first, are you able to pull the wood out without having to take anything apart?

This happened to me the other day also. I ended up having to replace the wear ring and impeller. I would inspect the pump area for anything damage possibly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcat1 View Post
    Hi guys-

I have been a lurker for a while. I own a GTX Limited (Metal washers installed last week from GreenHulk) and just picked up a RXT-X last week. At one hour and ten minutes into the ride I sucked something up (small piece of wood as run off is starting move up here- I think). When I did this with my GTX the shop charged $169 to repair

As you guys are the Doo Genius’ I wanted to ask for help---especially with labor day approaching... I was not sure on what to search for on the forum… Any help would be greatly appreciated

I thank you in advance!!
    cmon dont rush the summer away, I havent even gotten out yet, Memorial Day is coming up.

My recommendatio is if you donthave the time to do it yourself and the dealer can get it back to you before the weekend, and you are willing suck up the the cost of the dealer then do it.
    Then get the tools and learn how to do it yourself. If isn't that hard.
    I was in the same situation last year and it cost me. but never again.

Do I pull the prop? Do you pull the grate and go at it backwards? I have never worked on a ski but I am about to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    first things first, are you able to pull the wood out without having to take anything apart?
    Not sure I haven't got under there yet. Can you wiggle stuff out through the back end - through the prop baldes? Sorry if these are basic questions- after what it cost I do't want any collaterial damge due to my dum ass....

Banned User
    Hi guys-

I thank you in advance!!
    Where are you located? We have people around the world, someone might be closer than you think and could help..

Banned User
    Do I pull the prop? Do you pull the grate and go at it backwards? I have never worked on a ski but I am about to learn.
    NO, you pull your pump. here's how;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536

Really not hard to do.. If you need help just ask and you'll be surprised how many people are willing to help.

Alex

Bozeman Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    NO, you pull your pump. here's how;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536

Really not hard to do.. If you need help just ask and you'll be surprised how many people are willing to help.

Alex
    Thank you!!! I will start after work!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information