Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Mods & Results....

Hey Everyone.. My name Is Jack...from south florida... im new on the boards and recently picked up a 2000 GP1200R with about 125(now about 130) hours on it....The motor is a SBT Reman with about 10 hours (about 15 now..hehe)....otherwise it is stock....the ski was in a few pieces when i got it...but only needed minor assembly (exhaust & intake) to get back on the water.....i immediately proceeded to do testing and find out where it was and so far am pretty pleased with the results!...so i figured i would share to see what others thought....

First, I did a baseline with the GPS..... wind was about 5-8knts tail...showed 61.3mph (did about 5-6 runs..all within a 1/10mph)

Next i began researching on here and learned the inherent risks in the design of the GPR and decided to accomplish some saftey mods...Riva 1200 intake grate....R&D D-Plate.....Waveeater clips and couplers...converted to premix..but when i started to do the PV clips i noticed the PV's were different than stock??...the pin cradle is closed on both ends...im guessing this is an updated design??...but i put the couplers on none the less.....to combat the loss in speed anticipated with these mods, I also added Jim's FF rideplate and stepped the stock sponsons...This got me 62.5mph consistantly..after a little tweaking of the Ride plate washers the ski got to 64.0mph again all runs in simillar conditions (slight tailwind) ....

Then i decided to fill the bolt holes on the Shoe, Rideplate, and Trim tabs.....and with about 1 gallon less fuel (estimated) ....this picked the top speed up to 65.5mph..!!!....i was amazed....and it got there much quicker...or so it seemed, as i was on a shorter section of lake to keep the tailwind in my favor...haha....

All in all i feel these gains have been quite easy to obtain and owe it all to the information posted here on GreenHulk....thanx in advance to everyone here with any and all help you can give me to push this little ski to its peak!!..

Respectfully:
    Jack Cecil

( Mod List as of 7/27/08 )
    Jim's FF RidePlate
    Riva 1200 intake grate
    150psi OEM head
    NUJET 6.5 impeller (12/19 by Island Racing)
    R & D Plenum filter
    OEM carbs Rejet to 125/110/1.5/95g
    Advnet ignition
    stepped OEM sponsons
    home made Free-Flow
    SHO steering nozzle
    Last edited by BoostCrzy; 07-27-2008 at 10:34 PM.

+1
    little by little it all adds up keep using the search button there is a wealth of knowledge and alot of free speed....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostCrzy View Post
    Hey Everyone.. My name Is Jack...from south florida... im new on the boards and recently picked up a 2000 GP1200R with about 125(now about 130) hours on it....The motor is a SBT Reman with about 10 hours (about 15 now..hehe)....otherwise it is stock....the ski was in a few pieces when i got it...but only needed minor assembly (exhaust & intake) to get back on the water.....i immediately proceeded to do testing and find out where it was and so far am pretty pleased with the results!...so i figured i would share to see what others thought....

First, I did a baseline with the GPS..... wind was about 5-8knts tail...showed 61.3mph (did about 5-6 runs..all within a 1/10mph)

Next i began researching on here and learned the inherent risks in the design of the GPR and decided to accomplish some saftey mods...Riva 1200 intake grate....R&D D-Plate.....Waveeater clips and couplers...converted to premix..but when i started to do the PV clips i noticed the PV's were different than stock??...the pin cradle is closed on both ends...im guessing this is an updated design??...but i put the couplers on none the less.....to combat the loss in speed anticipated with these mods, I also added Jim's FF rideplate and stepped the stock sponsons...This got me 62.5mph consistantly..after a little tweaking of the Ride plate washers the ski got to 64.0mph again all runs in simillar conditions (slight tailwind) ....

Then i decided to fill the bolt holes on the Shoe, Rideplate, and Trim tabs.....and with about 1 gallon less fuel (estimated) ....this picked the top speed up to 65.5mph..!!!....i was amazed....and it got there much quicker...or so it seemed, as i was on a shorter section of lake to keep the tailwind in my favor...haha....

All in all i feel these gains have been quite easy to obtain and owe it all to the information posted here on GreenHulk....thanx in advance to everyone here with any and all help you can give me to push this little ski to its peak!!..

Respectfully:
    Jack Cecil
    WHATS UP JACKO BRING UR SKI TO BELVEDERE LAKE FOR SOME 1 TO 1 RACING WITH ME

+1
    LAZ!...i was there today!.....i go early to beat all the Cubans there....haha!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostCrzy View Post
    LAZ!...i was there today!.....i go early to beat all the Cubans there....haha!!!
    LIKE U I DONT HAVE MONDAYS OFF IT SUCKS BUT WE BEEN GOIN OUT EVERY WEEKEND SO IF U WANNA GO RIDE CALL ME AND LET ME KNOW

+1
    most definately!....i'll hit u up this coming weekend!..

+1
    what part of south florida are you in?

+1
    west palm...

+1
    im looking into an impeller now...hoping to get some advice....iv'e read a bit and narrowed my choice down to the Concord 13/19 or the IR NUJET 6.5......any opinions on this will be greatly appreciated...

+1
    I'd vote for the Nujet (2 mph faster)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information