Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

aftermarket trim tabs?

another noob question:
    The stock tabs on the 08 GPR are plastic, the aftermarket are alum, what makes the aftermarket better? what are the differences between brands and stock?

Can you guys please provide me some comparison info on the tabs. What to you and when to use them. for the GPR1300R, Thanks...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    another noob question:
    The stock tabs on the 08 GPR are plastic, the aftermarket are alum, what makes the aftermarket better? what are the differences between brands and stock?

Can you guys please provide me some comparison info on the tabs. What to you and when to use them. for the GPR1300R, Thanks...
    Andy the stock plastic ones are fastest but, the older gprs came with stock metal ones which I use.. the after market ones are a waste of money and speed. stick with the plastic ones unless you plan on going faster , then just get a stock pair of metal on the board for about $40.00. I cut 60 thou off the top of mine and now they are about 20 thou thinner than the stock plastic ones which makes the plastic ones in stock form about 40 thou thinner than stock metal ones and alot more than aftermarket

Quote Originally Posted by N8R View Post
    Andy the stock plastic ones are fastest but, the older gprs came with stock metal ones which I use.. the after market ones are a waste of money and speed. stick with the plastic ones unless you plan on going faster , then just get a stock pair of metal on the board for about $40.00. I cut 60 thou off the top of mine and now they are about 20 thou thinner than the stock plastic ones which makes the plastic ones in stock form about 40 thou thinner than stock metal ones and alot more than aftermarket
    I thought there was a handling difference for rough water.
    is that how the aftermarket dials in their tabs, thickness/length change something?

+1
    I thought there was a handling difference for rough water.
    is that how the aftermarket dials in their tabs, thickness/length change something?
    if you want better ruff water shim the tabs down or the back of the plate.. after market are longer and thicker.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    aftermarket ones are longer unless you buy them pre/or get them cut stock length.

You can tell the aftermarket to Stock ones unless the aftermarket are cut because they stick at like 2+/- inches from the bottom of the hull where it kind of like cuts down? if that makes sense.

The longer ones I believe help the ski plain out quicker, but you lose top speed? think that is what I once read?

The fastest ones to my knowledge are the older flat R&D tabs. You have to mod them though. Cut them to stock size and true them. Also round the front and side of the tabs but on the rear of the tab make sure it has a 90 degree sharp angle.

not looking for speed/faster, looking for better handling in the chop/rough if there is one...

+1
    not looking for speed/faster, looking for better handling in the chop/rough if there is one...
    In my experience the best handling tabs in the ruogh are the Riva full length tab with shims. When you try to shim the plastic ones they flex pretty bad in the middle and ride funny.

Yes i have the riva trim tabs (non-cut extended) and i noticed better hookup in the rough with my ski.

+1

Cool

I had set of r&d tabs, work fair but when it gets realy rough seems to nose dive more that I like,took those tabs and cut to same size as stock tab lenght(R&D 4mm thicker) and then shim them down .160 (I weigh 170) and it cooks through chop,now mind you ride plate angle is big factor allso-thats my 2 cents

later cd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information