Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The cane is INSANE!

I first owned a 2001 virage 700. It was fun, but I ended up selling it a few years ago. I moved onto a lake in September of 07 so I just picked up a 93 sl750 and a 96 Hurricane. I started driving the 93 sl750 a few weeks ago and it seemed like a rocket that would turned like it was on rails compared to the Virage. Yesterday I took the cane out. OH MY GOD the thing is a BEAST. I had no idea a sit down can turn like that. Looks like I am going to have to figure out how to ride this beast. I can tell at this point it's capable of much more then I am.

All of this fun did come with some complications. The previous owner messed up the choke cable so when I launched it opened the hood and ran the choke by hand to start it. That worked great until I slowed down for a no wake zone and it died (old gas). It would not start without the choke, and there was no way I could open the hood without tipping the ski over. So I ended up taking off my sandal and using it as a paddle. I paddled 100ft to shore and hand choked it. It fired up and I was on my way. I will fix that choke and change the gas before I go out next time .

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Eliminate the choke and get a primer.

Riding a ski for the first time is like going on a first date. Either you fall in love or miss the old ride (pun intended).

Took the pro 1200 out saturday for the first time, love at first ride. In fact I am like J Marshall ( Anna Nicoles crypt keeper husband) and have put her at the top of my will. I die she gets everything my wife will have to fend for herself LOL.

+1
    klutch, I love the Canes and if you look at my gallery you can see just how far over wetwolf can throw that bad boy. AWESOME!!

What was the top speed on your twin Virage, I have a project in mind.

+1
    klutch, it is possible to open the hood while on the water, but you have to be able to balance.

don't sell the cane, learn how to ride it. when your freinds ask you "can I go for a ride?" Show them the basics, which includes righting the thing properly, and let them go at it. hopefully most of them wil be back with your boat in 30 minutes saying I can't believe you can ride that thing so fast.

just remember, the harder you lean, the harder it hooks.

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wetwolf View Post
    just remember, the harder you lean, the harder it hooks.
    Is this really a true statement? I've noticed I have to lean out on my Pro for it to hook hard on the corners...otherwise it just seems to not want to turn when I lean in. Hurricanes different?

+1
    True story.
    Take a look at the hull and you'll see why, it's made for carvin'.

I took the cane out for a spin today. I am a total noob. I was playing around trying to figure out how to drive it and I hooked it all right. I hooked it so hard I launched off the ski and the whole MFD popped out of the dash from the sudden stop. I am not kidding I had to put the MFD back in when I got back on the ski, and I'm 99% sure I didn't hit the dash as I flew off the ski.

This ski is WILD it loves to jump and carve, but man it will bite back if you upset it even a little bit. I've come close so many times do rolling over in corners from leaning in to hard, the only way to save it is to go WFO. I'm sure the neighbors think I must be a drunk from all the weaving I do out on the lake.

LOL! I cracked 2 ribs on my sl when it hooked and I hung on with one hand , flew off and I smacked the mirror , my new philosophy was to just eject

wetwolf pic

+1
    From Bruce's site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information