sensor above oil filter??? what is it ?

there is a sensor .. which just happened to break as i was and still am.. tryin to get my oil filter out ... i think the dealer tighten it down just a bit too much...

any way right now i am having trouble getting the filler off.. and pretty much crushed it ..

also the sensor aboe the filter any one have any ideas what its .. temp for the oil etc...

if any one could tell me the part number or any other info on it .. i am going to be needing a new one ...
    thanks
    patrick

+1
    that is the oil pressure sensor .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mugmainer View Post
    there is a sensor .. which just happened to break as i was and still am.. tryin to get my oil filter out ... i think the dealer tighten it down just a bit too much...

any way right now i am having trouble getting the filler off.. and pretty much crushed it ..

also the sensor aboe the filter any one have any ideas what its .. temp for the oil etc...

if any one could tell me the part number or any other info on it .. i am going to be needing a new one ...
    thanks
    patrick

Oil Pressure Switch

p/n 27010-3786

Those oil filter sockets work wonders. I believe R rated sells one.

i picked one up from auto zone but it kept popping off...

oil change is now turning into a project.

Same here

Damn last weekend I had to do an oil change and the filter was on so damn tight form the dealer that I had to use a pipe wrench which crushed the filter so bad that it no longer would grab the filter anymore so I then had to use a set of very large channel locks to get it off cuz no filter wrench would stay on and you all konw how much room there is to work in this area of the ski and you can hardly even see the filter so we are all having to do it by feeling around with our hands

I dont know if the dealer didnt put oil on the filter gasket and that caused it to lock up or they just put it on really really tight but it took me over 2 hours of fighting with that filter but I did get it and the old filter looks like I drug it behind the truck on the highway for about 10 miles @ 70mph

When you put your new filter on make sure you put some oil on the gasket ring on the filter ! and dont over tighten it
    Last edited by Ultra250xryder; 05-19-2008 at 06:11 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250xryder View Post
    Damn last weekend I had to do an oil change and the filter was on so damn tight form the dealer that I had to use a pipe wrench which crushed the filter so bad that it no longer would grab the filter anymore so I then had to use a set of very large channel locks to get it off cuz no filter wrench would stay on and you all konw how much room there is to work in this area of the ski and you can hardly even see the filter so we are all having to do it by feeling around with our hands

I dont know if the dealer didnt put oil on the filter gasket and that caused it to lock up or they just put it on really really tight but it took me over 2 hours of fighting with that filter but I did get it and the old filter looks like I drug it behind the truck on the highway for about 10 miles @ 70mph

When you put your new filter on make sure you put some oil on the gasket ring on the filter ! and dont over tighten it
    +1

Same here Took awhile to get off...

thanks every one .. i got to the dealer before they closed and they had the sensor

to bad its now dark..

Thread Information