Thread: RXP-X vs R-12x

+1

RXP-X vs R-12x

I know this is going to start some shizza....

I had the chance to run my stock 05 R-12x against a new (9hrs) RXP-x, granted I knew I was going to get my a$$ handed to me... but it wasn't as bad as I expected. I mean it takes a TON of power to pull like that.

In all fairness... it shoulda been worse... it was a kid I ran against and I don't think he knew what he was doing, later his dad swung by my dock and I got to ride... vury nice... but it just didn't have that Honda feeling. I was a little dissapointed. That power is amazing though... mind boggling, but I know what my fuel bill "could be"... Nice boat, but can't wait to see the F-15x.

If your on the fence about buying a leftover Honda R or F, DO IT, it's a friggin Honda! Hands down an all around great ski.

However the fact the RXP-x manages to LAUNCH out of the water from a dead stop is retarted. Isn't it like over 900 pounds? Talk about some hook up!

The honda is a very good ski if you dont want the fastest ride on the lake its pretty quick , great on gas , and very reliable im actualy looking at a 05 r-12x as a second ski for when my frends want to ride with me.

Cripes - they're totally different categories.

The RXP-X is a top-line, fastest-ski-out-of-the-box ski, and you'll pay for it, at the dealer and at the pump.

The R-12X is a steal of a deal - people are finding them for 7 grand. Add a stage II macboost setup for $1500, and you are at $8500 for a ~65 mph ski. Not bad.

Having ridden an RXP (non X) and an R-12X with Macboost, I would say that you'll have a blast on either one. There's no question at all that the X ski will feel much faster and be much gruntier. For $5K more, it damned well better rip your arms out, and it will...

The nice thing about these things, from my perspective, that they are all a load of fun, and getting increasingly reliable to boot. I say you can't go wrong, just pick what you want...

+1
    I wasn't trying to say one was better than the other ... I just happen to love my Honda, however the RXP-X was a B...itching ski.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarlust View Post
    I wasn't trying to say one was better than the other ... I just happen to love my Honda, however the RXP-X was a B...itching ski.
    Agreed

Thread Information