Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2 Seater Yamaha with 1800ccs?

I've heard no. I've heard yes. The GPR is done, so Yami doesn't have a 2-seater in the lineup. I'm sure they won't publicize anything soon because they'll want to get rid of the GPRs at the dealers. They might also be wary because of the economy and the SHO delay/debacle...

Still, it seems like they have to bring back the 2-seaters. They built a whole new motor that would be perfect for it. NanoXcel, and the motor, are getting the perfect test in the old HO hull...

What do you think?

sounds like a plan to me...

I just went to my local stealership today, they sold all remaining 08 gpr's today I love the new look!

A gpr with 1800 cc's SIGN ME UP!!!!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    2 seater hulls been done since 06...................... Ask around.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginate View Post
    I've heard no. I've heard yes. The GPR is done, so Yami doesn't have a 2-seater in the lineup. I'm sure they won't publicize anything soon because they'll want to get rid of the GPRs at the dealers. They might also be wary because of the economy and the SHO delay/debacle...

Still, it seems like they have to bring back the 2-seaters. They built a whole new motor that would be perfect for it. NanoXcel, and the motor, are getting the perfect test in the old HO hull...

What do you think?
    Dont write off the 2 seaters JUST YET
    09 will be a good year
    I think 2010 will be evan better ,maybe something light and striped down to compete with the 8500 price tag of some kawi's(the price thing has the yami r&d guys pulling there hair out) so i assume
    mattman

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginate View Post

What do you think?
    Ive heard 2009 is the year. If it is, then ill definatly be getting one. God i cant wait!

+1
    my stealer told me the gpr will live another year into the 2009 line up,mixed feeling as i dont want to loose my first real love but want a 2 seater 1800 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    my stealer told me the gpr will live another year into the 2009 line up,mixed feeling as i dont want to loose my first real love but want a 2 seater 1800 ...
    Your dealer has not looked at the company he represents website:-

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...32/0/home.aspx

it is in black and white and also in the audio

I waited from 2002 for a 2 seater yamaha with a 4 stroke engine and in the end i bought my doo
    Last edited by cawky; 05-20-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    2 seater hulls been done since 06...................... Ask around.
    I've heard both sides - that it's just waiting in the wings to come out, or that it's basically cancelled. I hope they go through with it.

I actually hope that it's not the hull from 06. I feel like now there's more of an emphasis on rough water and offshore capability than there was two years ago. I'm hoping that Yamaha follows Kawi somewhat (on the hull *only*).

It seems to me that Kawi decided that the top speed wars on stock skis are basically limited, so it's worth going with a hull that has a little more drag but takes the waves well. Basically, Yamaha can't put out a ski that will go over ~68 stock anyway, so they may as well make it offshore well. They'll have to nerf the ski one way or another with that motor to slow it down at the top end.

Then, of course, the upcoming SHO mods could be deployed to get the ski to work *properly*.

That's my dream anyway...

I read somewere on this forum , a few months ago that yamaha have a 2 seater hull already built sitting on the shelf!!

When did we start hearing concrete information about the '08 models last year? I think it was around late-July, so we'll probably start hearing things about the '09 model lineup around then.

Then again, the SHO was a HUGE surprise to everyone, so Yamaha may surprise us again

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information