Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RPM level???

Hasslehoff finish

RPM level???

with only 6 hours on breakin what rpm level would be considered average, good and excellent on an 08 RXP-X

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DB707 View Post
    with only 6 hours on breakin what rpm level would be considered average, good and excellent on an 08 RXP-X
    Spot on is 8000 rpms on x models. Depending on your elevation, and conditions you should see between 7850 and 8100.

Ed

I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but my new RXP-X had lost RPM through the day on my first long ride. It started out turning 8040 RPM and after a few hours of riding it, it was only turning 7960. Can I attribute this loss to the intercooler heating up?

Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
    I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but my new RXP-X had lost RPM through the day on my first long ride. It started out turning 8040 RPM and after a few hours of riding it, it was only turning 7960. Can I attribute this loss to the intercooler heating up?
    You are correct, heat fade will always leave you scratching your head thinking that something is not right.

I'm getting around 7500 rpm with 10 hours on my rxp-x at about 5000 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by schild View Post
    I'm getting around 7500 rpm with 10 hours on my rxp-x at about 5000 ft.
    You should be hitting around 8K RPM's, there was a bulletin about how higher elevation RXP-X's need a smaller prop. Try a board search to see if anything comes up.

5000' elevation will yield some pretty hefty power loss, depending on weather conditions you could see density altitude numbers in the 6000-7000' range....... Im not surprised at all to see your results at 7500, a smaller prop will be easier to turn which should net you more RPM but that doesnt necessarily mean your gonna run more MPH....... some mods to get you some more power will get you closer to 8K rpm with the stock prop netting you better top speed.

Yeah it's definetly your elevation. Where do you ride just curious?

Pineview Reservoir in Utah. Its about 5000 ft from sea level. We also go to Lake Powell. We have property about an hour away. I'm not sure if I want to go there this year because it has become infected with those zebra or quagga mussels. Really sad. Thats my favorite lake. I think it is a good amount lower than Pineview is though. Anyways I remember hearing about the higher elevation props. I searched around a little bit and couldn't find the thread. Anyone know where you get one? Anyone tried one?

What do you suggest as far as mods for my machine. I'm new to this whole thing. This is my first seadoo. I wasn't planning on doing mods to my machine. Except maybe filling the rideplate holes and maybe an intake grate after everyone else tries them out. What mods would be helpful to get my rpms and top speed up without costing to much money?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information