Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Difference between RXT & RXT-X

Hello,

I am sorry if this question has been asked a hundred times, but I searched and I just can't find the answer. What are the key difference between the RXT and the RXT-X? Also what is the difference between the superchargers on both models?

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    The RXT has 215 hp vs the RXTX with 255. Some differences are an internal vs. external intercooler. The supercharger on the X model produces about 3 more pounds of boost and has a higher volume of air that can be pushed. There is about a 5 mph difference in top end stock speed. The acceleration is unreal on the RXTX in stock form.

What would it take performance wise to run with a RXT-X?

to keep up with an rxt x you will need a stage 1 kit and all the free mods done

More than that! Stage 1 will get you the same, maybe a little lower, top speed as the X boats. The acceleration on a Stage 1 boat is not nearly as good as on the X. If you want to really run with the '08s, get an aftermarket supercharger or supercharger wheel (green wheel) and a RRFPR. If you can swing it get an external I/C at the same time, if not you can save up for one in the future.

SC on water, TT on land
    Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    The RXT has 215 hp vs the RXTX with 255. Some differences are an internal vs. external intercooler. The supercharger on the X model produces about 3 more pounds of boost and has a higher volume of air that can be pushed. There is about a 5 mph difference in top end stock speed. The acceleration is unreal on the RXTX in stock form.

5 mph? Not from what i've seen posted on here. Stock vs. stock, its more like a 1-2 mph difference due to the water intake design. The biggest difference between the two is the acceleration.

From what i've researched, the differences are the supercharger, the intercooler, the whole intake grate design, the prop, fuel injectors, ECU, and thats about it. I would say in order to beat a stock X, you would need a Stage 1 plus a green wheel (or Riva Gen II wheel). I would also think you could get much better results by buying an X-charger, 42# injectors, RRFPR, external intercooler and at least a 15/20r prop. You would have the same set up as the X, but would probably have more acceleration and top end.

The rxt-x and rxp-x arent that fast i can beat both with 3 people on my ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxscrider View Post

Says the guy with the custom S3 boat..lol

Quote Originally Posted by gtxscrider View Post
    and how much money do u have in your GTX?

Quote Originally Posted by PTLanza View Post
    I would also think you could get much better results by buying an X-charger, 42# injectors, RRFPR, external intercooler and at least a 15/20r prop. You would have the same set up as the X, but would probably have more acceleration and top end.
    Correct, this is the exact setup I am running minus the 42s; you don't need them with a RRFPR. I was on the limiter with the 15/20, the reduction 81mm ring brought it back to 8100rpms. From what I've heard mine is running circles around the new X's, haven't had a chance to try it myself, another 16 days until I'm back on the island.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information