Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anchors

Anchors

I searched but didnt find anything. Whats the best anchor system, the sand ones seem like they wouldnt hold to well, but i dont like the idea of a metal one gettin tossed around in the storage bin. Im also too lazy to make my own with a Jug so that ideas out too.

J3ff
    Nobody ever believes me on this one.

Go to walmart, get a small ruberized mushroom anchor. Cost me 16 bucks.

Like 7 feet of rope, and I'm set.

My honda weighs something like 800lbs......it held real nice in 15 mph winds and 2 foot waves yesterday.......

+1
    Old leather sports bag some rope and a big plastic bottle dose the trick

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i LOVE the sandbag anchors. i've tried those folding grapnel PWC anchors.. they suck to say the least.

i've had the best luck with sand bag anchors for storage, currents, chop, everything... don't get skimpy. get the biggest sand bag anchor they sell and FILL IT UP. your ski will go NOWHERE

This is hands down the best
    http://stores.nextag.com/Dennis_Kirk...oduct=87511714

It fits perfect in the rear bucket storage. I now put mine in my sadal bag on the rear since I use the bucket for my rear intake.

I have used it PLENTY of times with success. We usually anchor alot and then use blow up floats that we tie to the seadoo. Then pull out the floating cooler and turn on the hood speakers and CHILLLLLLL.

I've also seen this stretch cord thing where you can put it on the anchor then drive to the shore tie a rope to your jet ski then let it go. The ski gets pulled back into the water about 20 feet and you have a rope on shore to pull it back.

J3ff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    This is hands down the best
    http://stores.nextag.com/Dennis_Kirk...oduct=87511714

It fits perfect in the rear bucket storage. I now put mine in my sadal bag on the rear since I use the bucket for my rear intake.

I have used it PLENTY of times with success. We usually anchor alot and then use blow up floats that we tie to the seadoo. Then pull out the floating cooler and turn on the hood speakers and CHILLLLLLL.

I've also seen this stretch cord thing where you can put it on the anchor then drive to the shore tie a rope to your jet ski then let it go. The ski gets pulled back into the water about 20 feet and you have a rope on shore to pull it back.
    dude, u gotta be kidding.

I bought that exact one and sent it back. I'm not sure what kinda bottom you are on, but it works like crap on sand and rocks.

Maybe you have a sorta muddy bottom

J3ff
    This is the exact one I have.

https://www.surplusunlimited.com/Mer...y_Code=0099-84

walmart is 16 bucks.

The key to any anchor is that it has to be HEAVY.

The sandbags will work, but in windy wavey conditions they will slip, or current from a river or off shore riptide.

this thing will not budge.

you need more than 7 feet of rope.

I just have a 5lb folding grapnel type anchor, with 100 feet of 3/8 rope. It all depends on how deep you anchor in, and I think the correct length is 7X the depth for proper rope angle...PR...

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    I only use an anchor to keep it off the beach when stopping for a picknik or when loading unloading by myself. I love the sandbags, no bouncing around folds up neat and when filled with sand or rocks can weigh up to 15-20 lbs.

For Where and when I anchor its great wouldnt go any other route. You will just need to decide how your going to use an achor and weigh the options accordingly

J3ff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    you need more than 7 feet of rope.

I just have a 5lb folding grapnel type anchor, with 100 feet of 3/8 rope. It all depends on how deep you anchor in, and I think the correct length is 7X the depth for proper rope angle...PR...
    god damn 100 feet? I guess im just the simple kinda guy.

I like to keep the ski real shallow.......and I think 2 foot waves are about as big as they get around here!

I used to have about 25 feet of rope and got annoyed with it, it was just too long, and I needed the space for other stuff...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information