NEWBIE with 1100 96 Raider

Hello old school ski lovers!!! I got this Raider last October with only 52hrs on it and used it for 4hrs before I stored it for the winter. Since I live in Canada I have long time to stare at it and buy new things for it off the internet during the long winter months. So I removed the jet unit and changed all the seals in the jet unit and changed the impeller for a Nujet, gave it a black hydro-turf mat kit and removed all the decals and had Exotic Signs do a nice kit for me. By changing the impeller insted of the "dream meter" reading 97km/h it now reads 105km/h on a nice calm day. I love this ski. I would like some imput on a few things and I think im in the right place to ask I would like to know a good splash guard but I would like to be able to remove it for summer skiing and just use it in spring just after the ice melts, dame that water is chilly
    Last question. My Raider did not start for the first time I have owned it. by no start I mean No click like if there were no contact. So first I checked the new Battery. Was ok. 12.85V Then checked the start switch with Ohm meter, it was good. Opened the cdi box got to the starter relay and jumped it and the ski turned over great. So next I checked to see if the relay had a good ground along with the main engine ground all ok and finally checked if I got the 12v on the signal wire to actuate the relay and I do. I have ordered a relay. Does anyone think I have overlooked anything? Thanks for all your suggestions in advance

Starter Relay problem solved!!!! Pics!!

Decided to remove the relay just to take a look at it and look what I found. My ski is ready to ride once again!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 001.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	73960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 004.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	73961  

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the forum!

how did that wire get pinched? was teh cover off at one point before?

Thanks addicted. I have never had the cover off but it was the ground terminal for the relay which is bolted to the relay holder and it's far enough from the edge that it could not contact the cover. It is my first breakdown and im glad I was able to find the problem so quickly. Still would like some imput on a splash guard. Thanks for amy suggestions.

+1
    I have both a hydro turf splash guard on mine and the OEM one. the HT funnels all the water through the bow eye at your forehead. the oem ones look stupid, but do a great job. I think L carson had a few for sale.

with both on there I can *almost* see where I'm going *most* of the time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture006.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	73966  

+1
    ive been thinkin about gettin one u guys have any suggestions and how hard are they to install?

+1
    both are pretty easy, but you need to get past the fear of drilling through your hull for the oem ones.

I think I will start with the HT cause I like to have some water splash up and I don't like hole and hull in the same sentance
    Addicated, To install the HT splash guard do you just remove the bow bumper and some of the side bumper and place it behind and install new rivits?

+1
    more or less. I think I trimmed the bumper so that it would sit flush. blow up the picture and you can see the crooked cut where the bumper meets the guard.

I do recommend that you buy the OEM guards if you can find them just in case. they are out of production and only pop up occationaly.

I use just the OEM style and they work great for me, I sometimes still get some bow spray in light chop, but I like that when it`s 120 f at the Colorado River in AZ, cools your face down......

They look kinda strange, and it is un-nerving having to drill holes in your bow, but I would recommend them. When I eventually true my hull and paint my Raider all white with black trim, I will fibreglass them in all smooooth looking.

When these pictures were taken, I was re-doing all the white mastic sealer, but I thought that it would be a good photo op to show how many holes that you have to drill in your hull to mount them.... ouch!

Thread Information