Thread: Delema?

Delema?

I'am in the market for a new ski! I have an old XP650. I now want to learn to Water ski , wake board , tube . Kids are older now. I have been looking at the new Sea-doo Wake or the RXt. I have a deal on a new 07 215hrse. But have been reading here that the SC washers on 07's are crap. Also do I need all that power or will a 155 hrse model to the trick for me? I don't need all the ball out speed just want some family fun. But on the other hand my oldest is 250 pounds. Will the 155 wake be enough? Sounds like there are a lot of knowlegable people here any thoughts?
    Last edited by oopz; 05-21-2008 at 07:08 AM.

welcome to the forum! well you can rule out the RXP for tubing, water skiing, etc. Usually you need to have enough seats for the operator, a spotter, and the person that's doing the activity. So since the RXP is a two seater, that won't cut it, at least in NJ where I am. Check your local laws to make sure of everything. For the 2007 Wake, yes the washers are junk, but you can pull out the supercharger, buy new metal washers from www.4-tecperformance.com and you can leave like a note saying to Jerry that you are sending the sc fot the new washers. Or just buy the washers and do the job yourself. hope this helps

I just recently bought a 2007 GTI SE 155hp and 155hp should be enough if you are just looking for a fun ski. I am 175lbs and I got it up to 57 mph, so I figure with a 250lbs rider he should be able to get it up to 55 mph. But again it is whether speed is an issue or not. Both models (215 and 155) will ride the same, just one is faster. It is your call, and have fun on ur new ski

Quote Originally Posted by oopz View Post
    I'am in the market for a new ski! I have an old XP650. I now want to learn to Water ski , wake board , tube . Kids are older now. I have been looking at the new Sea-doo Wake or the RXt. I have a deal on a new 07 215hrse. But have been reading here that the SC washers on 07's are crap. Also do I need all that power or will a 155 hrse model to the trick for me? I don't need all the ball out speed just want some family fun. But on the other hand my oldest is 250 pounds. Will the 155 wake be enough? Sounds like there are a lot of knowlegable people here any thoughts?
    I use to wakeboard behind a 05 rxt and it worked great. If you get the 07 then you could prolly buy and get the upgraded washers from Jerry for no more then 200 bucks.

Thanks for the input
    I have phned around some more and got a better deal on a 08 a G note less than the other quote's . THis may scare some of you but with tax in Canada a new wake 215 at a deal runs $15500.00 no trailer . Just a cover and a safty kit and 2yr warrantee

Thread Information