Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,888
    +1
    499

    front engine mount

    Can somebody please tell me what the height of the stock front engine mount is or even the pirana front engine mount height will work also since it is suppose to be the same or close to the stock mount.

    kerry


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    Can somebody please tell me what the height of the stock front engine mount is or even the pirana front engine mount height will work also since it is suppose to be the same or close to the stock mount.

    kerry
    I saw a post recently from GH and i believe he stated that the pirahna mt is the same ht of stock so is the easiest to fit. I believe the other is not and takes some shimming. I am sure the experts will chime in soon. I put a piriahna up front with no issues.

  3. #3
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    I measure the height of the stock mount at 89.5mm or 3.52 inches.

  4. #4
    kp04rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pipersville, PA
    Posts
    826
    I believe that I had to shim my piranha mount when I re-installed my engine this past winter. It wasn't a lot but I think I used a couple .3mm shims from the oem store. I'll try and look later to see how many are under it. I also used the engine alignment tool so It was spot on when I was done.

  5. #5
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I saw a post recently from GH and i believe he stated that the pirahna mt is the same ht of stock so is the easiest to fit. I believe the other is not and takes some shimming. I am sure the experts will chime in soon. I put a piriahna up front with no issues.

    I put pirahna mounts in both my skis..The stock mount was a tad bit taller than the pirahna BUT from what i have been told the stock mount will give to the weight of the motor....I know when i did my wifes ski the engine was out of alignment..Put the pirahna mount in (no shims)and the alignment was perfect....

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    The stock mount was a tad bit taller than the pirahna BUT from what i have been told the stock mount will give to the weight of the motor
    This is correct. The stock mount is the same height as the piranha mount once the weight of the engine compresses it.

  7. #7
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,888
    +1
    499
    Thanks guys!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Solid front engine mount
    By VX1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 05:30 PM
  2. Solid front engine mounts only $169
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
  3. Rotax Racing front engine mount
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 09:39 PM
  4. Front Engine Mount vs. Triple Bearing
    By Kinchyle in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 01:29 AM
  5. RR Front Engine mount
    By terryt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •