Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva free flow exhaust vs. through the hull

Hello,

I was wondering the key performance and sound differences between the Riva Free Flow Kit vs. the Riva Rear Exhaust Kit. How much louder it the free flow kit than the stock exhast too? I like the idea of a through the hull exhaust system, but is it worth it?

+1
    Hi i have just swapped over from the old styly freeflow to the thru hull. my free flow was just the 9inch pice of alloy tube that replaced the resenator, and used the stock exhaust pipe. You will get alot of low frequence resonation with the freeflow i had. Im not sure about the new style as i have no expirience of it. The thru hull sounds awsome but i did gut and shorten my waterbox at the same time, although my m8 has a thru hull on his rxt with stock box, it still sounds the nuts not alot of difference between the two. If I was looking into the upgrade and had the advantage of having had both on my ski. I would go with the thru hull sounds and looks bad ass, plus it frees up soooooo much room under the hood just alot better imo.Thanks R8

GREEN BOX

Green Box Here And Man Soooooooooo Many People Come Up To Me After I Get Off The Water Asking Wtf Is Done To That Thing, I Tell Them "its Green"

Mitch

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpsalazar View Post
    Green Box Here And Man Soooooooooo Many People Come Up To Me After I Get Off The Water Asking Wtf Is Done To That Thing, I Tell Them "its Green"

Mitch
    LOVIN THAT, So good when people ask. I had the police do a spot check on me at the weekend. Looking for stolen ski's. He nearly choked when i said it was 1500cc, All but passed out when i said it was charged as wel hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha some people have noooo clue makes me laugh sooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!! Sorry this is a little off topic

+1
    I have free flow pipe, my buddy has thru hull and I gotta say I like the thru hull sound better.

+1
    I have a free flow on my rxpx, sounds lil bit louder than stock and yes there is a certain drone at 3000-4000 rpms.. doesnt bother me at all, i actually kind of like it...

my rxt has the GH box and while it does sound bad ass, you stand no chance of talking to another buddy while the ski is running. it is loud!

+1
    I'm running a thru hull with the stock waterbox on my RXP. I absolutely love it. Like everyone else on here told me, go ahead and get the thru hull now because once you hear another ski with it, you've gotta have it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPwildchild View Post
    I'm running a thru hull with the stock waterbox on my RXP. I absolutely love it. Like everyone else on here told me, go ahead and get the thru hull now because once you hear another ski with it, you've gotta have it.
    He is right. You are better off putting the $150 of the free flow toward the thru hull. Sounds soooo goood and no annoying resonation that is a pain in the ass in a no wake area. You will end up with a thru hull in the future anyway im sure of it, so u are betta off savin dollar in the long run and gettin it now. Must admite though it took alot of nerve and checking before i went ahead and drilled that hole in the back!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOO glad i did. R8

+1
    If you want to save money, go to the muffler man and get a 8" long 2.5" dia SS pipe.

I have one, but never tried it. Upgraded to an XS intercooler and had no room. Went thru hull last night. Took 1 hr to install, can't wait to try it this weekend.
    Makes a lot of room at the back of the RXP.

Looks great

+1
    R88 isn't kidding when it comes to actually cutting for the exhaust tip! My thru hull install. (partial)

1. Fit check new exhaust pipe inside of hull to see if it was forgiving enough if I made a boo boo when cutting the hole for the exhaust tip.
    2. Spent an hour or better measuring the back of the ski...and then measuring it some more. I'm very picky.
    3. Spent another hour moving the exhaust tip all over the back of the ski to make sure my measuring was correct.
    4. Spent yet another hour with the drill in my hand and my finger on the trigger aimlessly staring at the back of the ski. Sometimes I get tender hearted.
    5. Spent the next 15 min with the bit spinning at low rpm a few mm away from the ski.
    6. Spent the last 30 seconds actually drilling the hole. LOL

All and all, the install went very smooth and took around an hour from what I remember.
    If you've ever seen a mule eat brairs, well, that was me when I fired her up after installing the new exhaust.
    Last edited by RXPwildchild; 05-21-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information