Thread: How to measure the pitch?
05-21-2008, 01:29 AM #1
How to measure the pitch?
just received my new 15-22r impellers and i want t measure the pitch for myself. how is this done using a vernier??? so to check wether its actually close to 15-22.
05-21-2008, 07:03 AM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Gonzales, La
I check mine with a digital caliper and get pretty good numbers. My method is as follows:
- Set the caliper to 5 mm.
- Scribe pencil marks on the tip of the blade 5 mm from the leading edge and 5 mm from the trailing edge.
- Set the caliper to 20 mm.
- Scribe pencil marks on the tip of the blade 20 mm from the first pencil marks.
- Set the prop on a flat surface with the TE facing down.
- Measure the distance from a flat surface to the bottom of the blade at each of the pencil marks.
- Calculate the angle using this formula:
LE angle = asin ((height 1 - height 2)/20)
TE angle = asin ((height 3 - height 4)/20)
05-21-2008, 07:06 AM #3
awesome.thanks will give it a go now.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By jetdave56 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 10Last Post: 10-31-2011, 09:24 PM
By engineermike in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 13Last Post: 03-26-2008, 10:34 AM
By jetskibill9999 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2007, 06:40 PM
By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 8Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:28 AM
By johnD in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 05-23-2005, 11:03 PM