Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Riva Performance Intake

Anyone install one of these before? I got mine in last night and was not happy with the fit in the hull. The filter cone presses hard against the fuel tank and wires. Also the instructions say nothing about blocking the two bolts (between the handle bar and glove box) that held the old intake box in place, what about water dripping on to the filter then going down into the s/c? Come on Riva, this is a poor design.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    Anyone install one of these before? I got mine in last night and was not happy with the fit in the hull. The filter cone presses hard against the fuel tank and wires. Also the instructions say nothing about blocking the two bolts (between the handle bar and glove box) that held the old intake box in place, what about water dripping on to the filter then going down into the s/c? Come on Riva, this is a poor design.....
    I run that same intake. It's a little tight near the fuel tank area. I left the clamps, and bolts loose. I made some adjustment before I tightened anything down. Once I was happy with the clearances, I tightened everything down. As for the holes not being blocked. Don't worry about it! The holes aren't big enough for water ingestion. I run the ski is rough water sometimes and never had a problem yet. Overall, the intake is a great add on. You'll like it!

Scott

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    I run that same intake. It's a little tight near the fuel tank area. I left the clamps, and bolts loose. I made some adjustment before I tightened anything down. Once I was happy with the clearances, I tightened everything down. As for the holes not being blocked. Don't worry about it! The holes aren't big enough for water ingestion. I run the ski is rough water sometimes and never had a problem yet. Overall, the intake is a great add on. You'll like it!

Scott
    What do you think about the RD Intake Grate? Does it really slow you down in the calm water over the stock grate?

+1
    What do you think about the RD Intake Grate? Does it really slow you down in the calm water over the stock grate?
    I was running the R&D grate last season. I changed it back to the OEM and noticed a SLIGHT increase in speed.

Scott
    You got any pics of your setup?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEBEE View Post
    You got any pics of your setup?
    Here ya go..
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showpost...99&postcount=1

riva air intake

I agree with you, i thought they could have designed this a little better. After you remove the stock air box, you have quiet a bit more room up there. I dont recall having to remove 2 bolts between the handle bars and the glove box. I recall replaceing one of the bolts with the longer one to act as a stud for the air intake bracket to mount too. Im glad i did the work though. The factory tube coming off the supercharger inlet was already 1/4 of the way off.
    Last edited by cjm780; 05-21-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: misspelling like a retard

I was running the R&D grate last season. I changed it back to the OEM and noticed a SLIGHT increase in speed.
    I've never tracked my speed to the "T", but isn't it VERY DIFFICULT to do?? Example: Stock Ultra VS Ultra + Riva Ride Plate and Wedge.

I mean, considering all of the variables: temperature (outside, and water), barometric pressure, humidity, wind speed, current...and surely many others. You would have to make sure all variables are the same!!!! This would take a long time to do the comparison to get the BEST data possible!

DAMN! Thank you microsoft excel to track all of this stuff! And, my statistics professor....
    Last edited by SE TX Rider; 05-21-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post
    I've never tracked my speed to the "T", but isn't it VERY DIFFICULT to do?? Example: Stock Ultra VS Ultra + Riva Ride Plate and Wedge.
    I thought you had a 69 MPH stock ski? I could be wrong though.

As far as tracking goes. Its VERY important to track stuff. Excel works GREAT for these things. RPM's, top speed, temp.. I dont get into the bar. pressure, water temps. etc..
    Get a log book and jot down notes, then transfer to excel. When you have an issue, you can look back on your notes. I note my races, who I raced against, hole shot, who won, how many ski's I would hole shot, flat water speed, rough water speed, mid range acceleration, was I getting smoked that day, or was I doing the smoking.

Example. I'm down ~500 RPMs from my last ride. I had something done to my ski, but its a DOG now. I'm going to change my setup back to what I had before, then see if it gets me back my RPM"s. But I know my last setup, RPM's etc. Makes it a little easier to trouble shoot. Now If I dont find my RPM's, then I will be screaming from you guys.

i silcone my holes

i put silcone on my finger tips and covered the holes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information