Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phantom Silver/Valiant Blue FTW! AllenUltra250X's Avatar

My Ultra and GIO.

I pulled out my 07 Ultra yesterday to wash it and get it ready to take Memorial Weekend. My machine has 13 hours on it.

I got it out and pulled it into the yard and washed it and everything. I jacked the trailer down low to wash inside the front compartment and everything. I took the seat off and checked my oil. It was a above the "High" mark on the "Cool" side of the stick. I raised the trailer back up to a level position and checked it again. It said I was in the middle of the "Cool" side of the stick.

The oil smelled like gas alot. But it did not seem runny or anything. It just smelled and I didn't notice any raise in oil level the second time I checked.

It recently had its 10 hours service done and if my Ultra is plagued with the GIO I will be forced to sell.

I love my Ultra, but I am not willing to go through that.

I really love my Ultra though...

+1
    I think it is too early to tell. I am basing that on the total hours. Did they change the oil at 10hrs? If I remember correctly the oil change is not required at 10 hours.

Phantom Silver/Valiant Blue FTW! AllenUltra250X's Avatar
    I'm sure they did. I just dropped it off and they said they performed the 10 hour service.

Couldn't get over there to pick it up before the closed that day so I told them to leave it outside and I would come pick it up, and when I opened the front there was a bottle of 4-Cycle JetSki oil.

If it is GIO I will be selling, soon. Ski is warrantied, can the dealer fix this problem?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenUltra250X View Post
    I'm sure they did. I just dropped it off and they said they performed the 10 hour service.

Couldn't get over there to pick it up before the closed that day so I told them to leave it outside and I would come pick it up, and when I opened the front there was a bottle of 4-Cycle JetSki oil.

If it is GIO I will be selling, soon. Ski is warrantied, can the dealer fix this problem?

I am not sure why you are panicked about the GIO. It will just take a little more attention, and a few more oil changes. Buy yourself a siphon and some oil and you can do 3 oil changes in the same time it takes you to deliver it and pick it up from the dealer.

I am new here but I have read everything I could on the topic. (Something you should do too). But from all the reading I have done here, it is highly unlikely the dealer will help you out with the problem as Kawasaki isn't admitting there is even a problem.

Don't sweat it man. Just change the oil.

+1
    it takes 15 minutes to change the oil. i started changing every 10 -15 hours and its no sweat. my machine has 305 hours and runs just as good as the day i got it.

If another 15 minutes every other week is not your thing tho, maybe sell it.

oh ya..... my oil extractor costs 38 dollars.

Do you have any problems with it fouling plugs? I have 47 hrs on mine and I am on my 3rd set of plugs and they need to be changed again. I hate to buy these dam plugs!!! TOO EXPENSIVE!!!! Anybody have any ideas??
    Thanks

try the cr9eix's..iridums ones..you can get them at discount auto or other places for like 6 or 7 dollars..i ran them all last summer with no problems..i currently have the stock plugs in because of the recall..when they go bad..i'll be back to the others..

GIO - dont get nervous - 250X is awesome

I agree with some comments above...
    The GIO issue in no big deal in my opinion...maybe annoying at the worst.
    The 250X is still a fantastic product.
    With frequent oil changes and good maint, you will be fine.

Also consider installing the R&D Vapor Kit/ Catch Can Kit.
    I have it on my boat (55 hours).
    I never had GIO problem but installed it just to be safe.

One thing to consider and something I love most about the 250X is the amazing variety of high performance 'after market' products and vendors.
    If your somebody who likes to 'tweak' the boat or use bolt-on performance products etc - the 250X is hard to beat. From Riva, R&D, TBM, JSU and many others...there a ton of awesome performance 'toys' available for the 250X - I have been having a blast installing and testing some of these parts and kits...

Good luck

Thanks WaterScooter, I ordered the Iridiums today. Any changes in perfomance with these plugs? How many hours are you getting on these plugs?

If you are buying new plugs because they are fouled you are probably throwing away money. There is a tool that you hook up to an air compressor that basically media blasts the end to a like new finish. A fouled plug is still good, it just has so much carbon, oil and raw fuel on it that it will not fire. This is what I use to do to the plugs on my supercharged mustang.

Also the gio is not that big a deal. One thing it will do is keep sludge and gunk from building up inside the motor. Just change the oil and ride, no big deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information