+1

More Noob maintenance questions

Hello gang, I have a few more questions

1) When I changed the oil I had a really hard time determining where the fresh oil was on the dipstick. Any suggestions?

2) I checked the exhaust hoses and they were all connected, but one of them was about 1/2 inch up the tube. Is that one slipping off? Should I take them off and do the windex thing as Skip suggests?

3) How the heck do you work on these things? I took off the seats and the back piece that the seats hook up to (Not sure what it's called) and could barely see the exhaust hoses let alone work in there.

4) As I will be changing my own oil do I need the oil filter wrench or will any oil filter wrench work?
    http://stores.rratedperformance.com/...nch/Detail.bok

Thanks again for all your help. I couldn't imagine having this Ski without all the knowledge and support you guys bring to this site.

Cheers.

+1
    well, you need to go to auto parts store and get a oil filter socket. dont remember what size it was. if your chaniging your oil a lot, as i assume you are as a 250 owner, then you dont need to change your filter much. maybe every 3-5 oil changes.

Quote Originally Posted by drtbk4ever View Post
    Hello gang, I have a few more questions

1) When I changed the oil I had a really hard time determining where the fresh oil was on the dipstick. Any suggestions?

2) I checked the exhaust hoses and they were all connected, but one of them was about 1/2 inch up the tube. Is that one slipping off? Should I take them off and do the windex thing as Skip suggests?

3) How the heck do you work on these things? I took off the seats and the back piece that the seats hook up to (Not sure what it's called) and could barely see the exhaust hoses let alone work in there.

4) As I will be changing my own oil do I need the oil filter wrench or will any oil filter wrench work?
    http://stores.rratedperformance.com/...nch/Detail.bok

Thanks again for all your help. I couldn't imagine having this Ski without all the knowledge and support you guys bring to this site.

Cheers.
    Every time i try to do something to my ski i wish i was the guy from Fantastic Four that could stretch like rubber.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    Every time i try to do something to my ski i wish i was the guy from Fantastic Four that could stretch like rubber.
    or a certain countries sweat shop worker, maybe we could adopt children from there as ski mechanics......

Thread Information