Thread: 1993 Sl 750

1993 Sl 750

Hello everyone my name is Brendan and am new to the comunity, xlint89 told me that this was the place to go to for help with my ski. my issue with the ski is that i beleive my middle cyl is only firing at WOT and accel. from idle will stall engine. i have been reading alot about the triple outlet fuel pump so i purchased the mikuni DR5292, but it dosnt come with installation procedure...ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE? i am going to try and replace fuel lines and pump and clean carbs and go from there. i was also told that i should switch to premix instead of relying on the injection system. is there any procedure to check oil injection or should i just forget about it and go to premix? the ski fires right up every time but is accompanied by a loud impact rachet type sound for the first few minutes and has to ease into WOT to get up to speed for the middle cyl to start firing. i think im heading in the right direction replaceing the fuel pump and lines but if there is any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Welcome to the Hulk.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15433 Post #2
    The search button is your best friend here.

I would check your crank index as a starting point. Look up Checking Crank Index in search. Also check your coils with an omh meter. The service manuals are on here for downloading.

OK now a different problem

I put in the mikuni triple outlet pump and rerouted fuel lines. and attempted to start, the engine is running lean and my last cyl got pretty hot so i shut it down and inspected what i did. i was running out of daylight so this is what i think and please tell me if im wrong. was there a stock restrictor or do have to install one and WHERE AND WHAT TYPE OF FUEL RESTICTOR DO I GET? i think it is running lean because i dont have a restrictor to get fuel pressure, or my filter is clogged or my installation was shitty? any help would be appreciated

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The restrictor is inside the return hose going back to the gas tank on some years.

If you haven't replaced the fuel hoses, look inside the return hose about 3/4" past the last carb for it. OR put a pressure gauge in line and see if you're building pressure.

Was the cyl getting hot on the garden hose or on the water?

Front or back cyl getting hot?

Did you remove and replace head gaskets?

My 93 750 did not have a restrictor on the return line. I am assuming the restrictor is on the carb since I haen't blown the motor yet and the plugs and wash look OK.

last cyl was the one getting hot, it was getting dark by the time i was done and i didnt see any restricter. it wont stay running unless choke is pulled or throttle semi applied, then when you attempt to accel. it dies. i only was on the water for 5 minutes and the last cyl got extremely hot. im working on the beach of my lake house. so when i test it, its on the lake. i havent replaced head gaskts but ive only owned the ski for a year- i looks as if work has been done. the top of the heads have the #1 and the screws look like theyve been attended to.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    last cyl was the one getting hot, it was getting dark by the time i was done and i didn't see any restricter.
    it wont stay running unless choke is pulled or throttle semi applied, then when you attempt to accel. it dies.
    i only was on the water for 5 minutes and the last cyl got extremely hot.
    I'm working on the beach of my lake house. so when i test it, its on the lake. i haven't replaced head gaskets but I've only owned the ski for a year-
    it looks as if work has been done. the top of the heads have the #1 and the screws look like they've been attended to.
    Check the water cooling system. Make sure it is actually circulating enough water.

Check the black plastic inlet screen for the cooling pipe for debris (tucked inside the right hand side of the jet pump nozzle). Remove the thermostat, see if that helps the over heat.

If the cylinder head has been previously removed, possibly the new gasket was not put on correctly, restricting the cooling flow.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    It's odd that the last (back) cyl is getting hot. Definately check for an obstructed cooling hose. If those test OK, remove the head and take a peak at the head gasket. Maybe it was installed wrong as they are supposed to go 1 way only.

Thread Information