Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Michigan Riders, where you at this summer? Any events/gatherings???

Any events people are going to, Hot Boat weekend in Muskegon, races in Harbor Beach, etc.?

Anyone traveling up north or anything for holidays, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend, random travels to lakes with state parks, etc.?

Where do you guys normally ride?

What's going on in this state? Water everywhere and some beautiful places to ride so there has to be stuff going on, but I never hear anyone mention anything?

I typically ride on Cass Lake but want to get out on Erie and St. Clair... Lets make something happen people.

Hey guys, I ride out of Lk. St. Clair, if anyone wants to ride out there and wants someone to go with let me know. We rode down to Toledo Mem Day weekend. Last weekend we rode to the top of the thumb, 250 miles, great ride. Stayed overnight, had a blast. We may stay in Lexington July 4th weekend if anyone is interested. New jet ski club forming...

+1
    I really only ride on St. Clair..

Lake House on Chain of Lakes (South of Brighton, just west of Whitmore Lake). 9 lakes all connected by the Huron River, feeding from Kent Lake (Kensington Metro Park). You can canoe to Ann Arbor if you wanted to. The dam after Portage Lake is the only thing stopping a ski. All of the lakes are different. Some deep, some shallow, some sandy and some mucky... smooth and rough, high and low traffic. It's a good 3 hour ride (thanks to a bit of no-wake zones) with minimal screwing around and a couple of stops/hanging out.

Orchard Lake is a nice lake to ski on, especially during the week. Relaxing, lots of sand and different parts of the lake have different characteristics. North end is the speed run, Northwest there's a small smooth lagoon to tear it up in, from west to south is a kinda choppy long run, south end bigger waves and usually where the wake boarder/water ski boats are, and east side... the boat launch area and some mild wind chop.

Cass Lake - haven't been there yet with the skis. Used to have a Bayliner back in the day that I took there. Pretty busy during the weekends with reckless drunk people YEAH!!! but no. Good party lake, not so good to ski on when busy.

Lake St. Clair - Havent' taken the skis out there yet either. I sold my Sunsation (24', 6' wide boat w/454 7.4L) this spring for the P-X and a motorcycle. St. Clair was the only lake I took the boat on. Good fun, and BIG. Don't know the range of my P-X yet. Something you need to know on that lake. It can get VERY bath-tub like on busy weekends.

OK.. wow I typed a lot.

-=Mike G.
    Last edited by Mikey G.; 06-30-2008 at 11:03 PM.

I ride on Lake Michigan. Always around the Holland State Park if anyone is near there. I dont have my own ski though so getting together for a ride would be tough.

+1
    Hey guys i dont know were exactly you guys are all located but the some of us chicagoland guys were talkin in the Mudbug in chicago thread about getting together in Indiana at the dunes in Michigan City..It is the southern most part of the lake with lots of sandy beach area..If the winds are right it will make for some nice wave jumping..If you guys think you might be interested let us know and we will make this happen..Gonna shoot for the first weekend in Aug..See what everybodys schedual is..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Hey guys i dont know were exactly you guys are all located but the some of us chicagoland guys were talkin in the Mudbug in chicago thread about getting together in Indiana at the dunes in Michigan City..It is the southern most part of the lake with lots of sandy beach area..If the winds are right it will make for some nice wave jumping..If you guys think you might be interested let us know and we will make this happen..Gonna shoot for the first weekend in Aug..See what everybodys schedual is..
    I'll be in Chicago that weekend - but for Lollapalooza! Sounds fun though.

First weekend in August sounds good. A couple of us ride around michigan city almost every weekend. I'll follow the thread and will be there. Btw my avatar picture is taken right in front of the dunes beach.

if I have a ski by then I will try make it down there, sounds like fun

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information