Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: SHO oil change

  1. #1
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    425
    +1
    10

    SHO oil change

    Does anyone know the procedure for changing the oil on the SHO? Can only get 1 1/2 qts. to siphon out.. thanks!


  2. #2
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Does anyone know the procedure for changing the oil on the SHO? Can only get 1 1/2 qts. to siphon out.. thanks!
    You came back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Does anyone know the procedure for changing the oil on the SHO? Can only get 1 1/2 qts. to siphon out.. thanks!
    is your ski level???


    Jim

  4. #4
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    425
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    is your ski level???


    Jim
    Duh! yes!! lol

    Leveled it, tilted it, lowered it...still could not get more than almost 2 qts.

    I know on the SeaDoos you have to rev it to 4000 rpms for 10 seconds and shut it off while at that rpm..but I am a little apprehended to run the rpms on it when warming her up!

  5. #5
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    650
    RTFM????

  6. #6
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Duh! yes!! lol

    Leveled it, tilted it, lowered it...still could not get more than almost 2 qts.

    I know on the SeaDoos you have to rev it to 4000 rpms for 10 seconds and shut it off while at that rpm..but I am a little apprehended to run the rpms on it when warming her up!
    There is a thread over on PWCtoday where Sea Doocer is experiencing the same thing???? Call your dealer tomorrow & see what there response is ???

    Jim

  7. #7
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    There is a thread over on PWCtoday where Sea Doocer is experiencing the same thing???? Call your dealer tomorrow & see what there response is ???

    Jim

  8. #8

  9. #9
    GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cassville
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Does anyone know the procedure for changing the oil on the SHO? Can only get 1 1/2 qts. to siphon out.. thanks!
    Make a mark on your siphon tube at 650mm and install the siphon tube so this mark is at the top of the dipstick tube. When you install the siphon tube you will notice that it will stop before is mark. You need to push it to get it to go. Hope it helps

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SHO oil change
    By Guidoo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 09:21 AM
  2. FX Cruiser SHO Oil Change????
    By mjealey in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 07:31 AM
  3. oil change 09 fx-sho!!
    By pass1 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM
  4. Oil change on SHO
    By kgr1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
  5. Sho Oil Change
    By Jack Bauer On 15F in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 10:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •