Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas/Ft Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,514
    +1
    3

    Those who use an Wedge (not golf thread)

    question about the riva wedge. Do you put silicon or right stuff on just the pumpside or both sides and if both sides do you have to clean and redo everytime you change or work on the prop?


  2. #2
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,316
    +1
    634
    I put it on both sides very lightly. and clean it when I have taken it off to work on the pump

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by meirvin View Post
    question about the riva wedge. Do you put silicon or right stuff on just the pumpside or both sides and if both sides do you have to clean and redo everytime you change or work on the prop?
    I've always used a clean bead on both sides, not a problem so far

  4. #4
    kp04rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pipersville, PA
    Posts
    826
    I honestly wouldn't use anything. I used silicon lightly but I don't think it makes a difference. Just make sure its good and tight.

  5. #5
    lextoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brigantine, NJ
    Posts
    1,883
    +1
    14
    i researched it, and found this, made sense to me.
    put only on reduction nozzle side, that way when you disassemble/reassemble its quick. you can leave the wedge on , and not have to clean and reseal every time.
    also, on this side of the pump its pressure, not vacuum, so theres no chance of cavitiation. any water that squeezes out thru the edge isnt going to effect your performance.
    its actually a really tight fit, i dont think anything is gonna squeeze thru anyways.
    i did put a small bead around the venturi holes, on the pump side of the wedge to help them seal tight for suction...
    i am still using the old venturi drain system, maybe you are not?

  6. #6
    kp04rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pipersville, PA
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    i researched it, and found this, made sense to me.
    put only on reduction nozzle side, that way when you disassemble/reassemble its quick. you can leave the wedge on , and not have to clean and reseal every time.
    also, on this side of the pump its pressure, not vacuum, so theres no chance of cavitiation. any water that squeezes out thru the edge isnt going to effect your performance.
    its actually a really tight fit, i dont think anything is gonna squeeze thru anyways.
    i did put a small bead around the venturi holes, on the pump side of the wedge to help them seal tight for suction...
    i am still using the old venturi drain system, maybe you are not?
    yea what he said .... if it the silicon is on the reduction nozzle side and it holds the wedge in place it would make it a lil easier to take it all apart and put it all back together....

  7. #7
    V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas/Ft Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,514
    +1
    3
    ok venturie side sounds good to me

    Thanks

  8. #8
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    yea what he said .... if it the silicon is on the reduction nozzle side and it holds the wedge in place it would make it a lil easier to take it all apart and put it all back together....
    +1 to what they both said. Once on the venturri you want even know its there with pulling pump and putting back together.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lake Dunlap, Texas
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    28
    Hmmmm-I must have missed something . Had a two degree wedge om my 2004 RXP for three years-- was installed dry on both side--no issues. Installed another one on my 08 P-X and no issues yet--of course I only have four hours on it. What might I look forward to?? Do I need to take it off and add sealer??

  10. #10
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Hmmmm-I must have missed something . Had a two degree wedge om my 2004 RXP for three years-- was installed dry on both side--no issues. Installed another one on my 08 P-X and no issues yet--of course I only have four hours on it. What might I look forward to?? Do I need to take it off and add sealer??
    I would not think so. I just like it connected so that when i pull my pump it stays on venturri and dont have to keep up with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 12:39 PM
  2. EMM Repair Longevity - Calling those who have had DFI repair an EMM!
    By ThrottleOut in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 08:18 AM
  3. Why not use an even bigger, naturally aspirated engine?
    By andisblue in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 11:41 AM
  4. Who bought an extended service contract but not BEST?
    By vidbuster in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 12:19 PM
  5. those in the uk who use saly away
    By Hydrotherapy in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •