Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1

Those who use an Wedge (not golf thread)

question about the riva wedge. Do you put silicon or right stuff on just the pumpside or both sides and if both sides do you have to clean and redo everytime you change or work on the prop?

+1
    I put it on both sides very lightly. and clean it when I have taken it off to work on the pump

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by meirvin View Post
    question about the riva wedge. Do you put silicon or right stuff on just the pumpside or both sides and if both sides do you have to clean and redo everytime you change or work on the prop?
    I've always used a clean bead on both sides, not a problem so far

I honestly wouldn't use anything. I used silicon lightly but I don't think it makes a difference. Just make sure its good and tight.

+1
    i researched it, and found this, made sense to me.
    put only on reduction nozzle side, that way when you disassemble/reassemble its quick. you can leave the wedge on , and not have to clean and reseal every time.
    also, on this side of the pump its pressure, not vacuum, so theres no chance of cavitiation. any water that squeezes out thru the edge isnt going to effect your performance.
    its actually a really tight fit, i dont think anything is gonna squeeze thru anyways.
    i did put a small bead around the venturi holes, on the pump side of the wedge to help them seal tight for suction...
    i am still using the old venturi drain system, maybe you are not?

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    i researched it, and found this, made sense to me.
    put only on reduction nozzle side, that way when you disassemble/reassemble its quick. you can leave the wedge on , and not have to clean and reseal every time.
    also, on this side of the pump its pressure, not vacuum, so theres no chance of cavitiation. any water that squeezes out thru the edge isnt going to effect your performance.
    its actually a really tight fit, i dont think anything is gonna squeeze thru anyways.
    i did put a small bead around the venturi holes, on the pump side of the wedge to help them seal tight for suction...
    i am still using the old venturi drain system, maybe you are not?
    yea what he said .... if it the silicon is on the reduction nozzle side and it holds the wedge in place it would make it a lil easier to take it all apart and put it all back together....

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    ok venturie side sounds good to me

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    yea what he said .... if it the silicon is on the reduction nozzle side and it holds the wedge in place it would make it a lil easier to take it all apart and put it all back together....
    +1 to what they both said. Once on the venturri you want even know its there with pulling pump and putting back together.

+1
    Hmmmm-I must have missed something . Had a two degree wedge om my 2004 RXP for three years-- was installed dry on both side--no issues. Installed another one on my 08 P-X and no issues yet--of course I only have four hours on it. What might I look forward to?? Do I need to take it off and add sealer??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Hmmmm-I must have missed something . Had a two degree wedge om my 2004 RXP for three years-- was installed dry on both side--no issues. Installed another one on my 08 P-X and no issues yet--of course I only have four hours on it. What might I look forward to?? Do I need to take it off and add sealer??
    I would not think so. I just like it connected so that when i pull my pump it stays on venturri and dont have to keep up with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information