Riva Power Filter

What does everyone think about the RIVA Powerfilter for an RXT. Is there something better out there? Can you make the RXP rear air intake work on a RXT?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohl531 View Post
    What does everyone think about the RIVA Powerfilter for an RXT. Is there something better out there? Can you make the RXP rear air intake work on a RXT?
    You can make the riva rear air work yes. Do a bit of research on here and you will find posts by people that have done this. It depends what water you ride in as to which intake you want, but as far as i am aware every1 will tell you that you are goin to want a 4inch intake, weather it is front or rear. The riva is only 3inch and expensive. You could make a 4inch front which would be more effective, for like half the money easy. If you ride in any chop, then imo the rear intake carries too much risk of taking on water. On the other if you only ever ride on flat lakes then the rear air would be fine. My 0.2

I Think The Riva Power Pipe Is A Good Part. I Still Use One Now And I Am About To Get The Rear Air For A Rxp, And I Will Post Back What The Gains Are. I Went 78.1mph At 8140rpm With The Power Pipe And A Stock Ecu. Not To Mention It Mounts Nice And Neat And Has A Smooth Good Looking Finish.
    Just My Opinion!!!!!

the riva PP is an excellent product. it provides the owner a well engineered performance improvement somewaht easy to install option.
    Personally I an mot a big fan of the kanaflex but will admit it is a great way to do an intake relatively easily and cheap.

+1
    be very careful if you have a 3 inch pipe (Riva intake, not rear) on a rxt with the restrictive sock removed. one of our guys had a seat cover fitted and it pulled in a little at the front. this let the water run through into the engine bay and straight to the intake. and kaboom! full rebuild. even through a rod straight through the block hanging out in the hull . trust me go a 4 inch front mount if you don`t ride on a lake. this was a mess to clean up and get running again. sorry Riva

I think it is a great product, espescially if you can get a used one in good condition at a decent price. On my 04 RXP is made a customer 4" intake and it cost me about 150 when all was done ( kanoflex, K&N filter and 3-4" adaptor). For my RXP-X i bought the riva off a forum member here much was less then that, including shipping. It was in great condition and had all pieces. The most I may do to my ski is a stage II, more realistically Stage 1 plus a few other mods. So for me the RPM difference between 3" and 4" is not that significant and the RIVA is a better fit and look. just my 2 cents.

Thread Information