Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New ski choice

New ski choice

First of all...I wanna say hi all. Over the last few months i been doing some studying up on skis and will be purchasing a ski in the next 2 months or so. I'm a lil stuck at the moment on what to get though. I'm looking into getting something thats reliable, comfortable, and suits the lake conditions by me the best (lake michigan). I'm hoping to get some unbiased opinions so i will post in the other threads too. The rxp-rxp-x, ultra 250, and fx SHO are the choices. I like the ultra 250, but am a lil weary about hearing about all the GIO issues going on...I really like the rxp-x for the power and glitz but then again i hear their SC like to take poops cause of the ceramic washers and metal bearings and i really dont like the fact that its only a 3cyl....I was looking into the SHO and it seems like they are a comfortable ride along with power.I also found out awhile ago that they were pushed back due to a recall with the shaft. I understand all these PWC have their quirks and all, and in a way it concerns me, but i wanna hop into this sport and rip up some water, so please give me a lil help and throw some opinions out there. Thanks.

Use the search feature of the site, this subject has been beat to death here.

buddy I've done all the searching i want lol....now im jus looking for opinions

I haven't ridden any of these craft, but after similar research to yours, my opinnion is Yamaha all the way.

FXSHO

+1
    get the SHO. Yamaha fixed all of the quirks before they released the ski
    The RXP(T)- X does not have ceramic bearings therefore the failure is not as much an issue.

+1
    most if not all of the fastest pwc's have 3 cyls..

well i'll be taking the 3 out so i'll let my decision be made there...I jus have a funny feeling that the 250 will be the choice due to my lake conditions and environment. All 3 are for sure sharp PWC's.

Quote Originally Posted by the_w8 View Post
    buddy I've done all the searching i want lol....now im jus looking for opinions
    Opinions are like a-holes, everyone's got one...

the "w8" in your name doesn't stand for the VW W8 motor, does it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by the_w8 View Post
    well i'll be taking the 3 out so i'll let my decision be made there...I jus have a funny feeling that the 250 will be the choice due to my lake conditions and environment. All 3 are for sure sharp PWC's.
    That's the best thing to do! I'm sure after reading alot of the threads many times you'll find the correct answer to be 'whatever your personal preferance is'. Only if you were asking what is the best ski to mod or which ski has the biggest aftermarket support would anything other than your preferance matter. You will find that most of today's options are very reliable and many of the known bugs have been fixed are can be easily resolved.

Give us a full report of the differences after your ride. Everyone would enjoy it. Not a whole lot of material to be found on riding different options back to back.
    Last edited by GPryan; 05-23-2008 at 03:06 PM.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
    Opinions are like a-holes, everyone's got one...

and they all stink?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information