Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP in the Ocean

Im about to take my 2006 RXP into the ocean. Should I do any preping before putting it in the ocean? What should I do after taking it out? The dealer said mist the engine w/ water then spraying WD-40 where the engine is and around in side the hole, after that then put it in the ocean and then the same thing after taking it out. What do yall guys suggest? Thanks....

We ride in the ocean/salt water all the time. Its about 98% of our riding. Mist the engine down with wd-40 before riding and then rinse the engine compartment with fresh water after riding. (let drain out of rear plugs) after it is mostly dry spary it down again with wd-40. Some also suggest a product called salt away. I personally have never used it but I'm going to look into it.

Other then that just make sure you have flares, fire ext., and your whistle!

Saltaway all the way. I been using this stuff since 1995. And I will continue using it.It works great no salt problems.Washes it clean away.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne68007 View Post
    Im about to take my 2006 RXP into the ocean. Should I do any preping before putting it in the ocean? What should I do after taking it out? The dealer said mist the engine w/ water then spraying WD-40 where the engine is and around in side the hole, after that then put it in the ocean and then the same thing after taking it out. What do yall guys suggest? Thanks....
    Offshore rider 99.9% stick with salt away. I live in California. be very careful were you unplug that drainplug and let that petrolum and water mix drain here. California is infested with tree huggers and enviromentalist + why would you spray WD40 on your engine before the ride? once you get that engine HOT , you'll be smoking that WD40 do that process after the ride when your engine is cold and ready to be put away. Never before the ride.
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 05-22-2008 at 11:55 AM.

+1
    Yes use salt away that stuff works wonders. Also don't use WD-40 as it is no good for hoses, etc. Instead get Fluid Film. There is a guy on here who sends free samples. Stuff works great. All i ride in is salt 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Offshore rider 99.9% stick with salt away. I live in California. be very careful were you unplug that drainplug and let that petrolum and water mix drain here. California is infested with tree huggers and enviromentalist + why would you spray WD40 on your engine before the ride? once you get that engine HOT , you'll be smoking that WD40 do that process after the ride when your engine is cold and ready to be put away. Never before the ride.
    Thats what I meant.. lube when done riding so its ready to go.

+1
    Salt Away rocks! I wash the ski down inside and out with it after I am done flushing. And yeah lube everything up afterwords... dont use WD-40... get fluid film or bombardier lube.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post

lol...they never let you have any fun!

+1
    I use just regular silicone spray and never had a problem with on any wires or hoses just leaves a nasty film but it does its job..repeals water and salt

Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    Thats what I meant.. lube when done riding so its ready to go.
    Opps! Sorry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information