Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VTS a required option for an '07 RXT?

So in the bone head move of the day yesterday. I finally caved and picked up a brand new '07 RXT from the dealer yesterday, and I guess it just did not occur to me since I think everyone I looked at had VTS. Well, after I got home and went to wipe it down and stuff (rained a little on the way home) I noticed it did not have VTS

Now is this even a big deal? Can you do the retrofit after? Worth bothering with?

If it matters the vast majority of riding will be huge rivers and maybe a few lakes, saltwater is going to be extremely rare.

none of the previous years rxt had vts call the dealer and ask if it is an option on the 07 rxt, I love it on my rxp
    Last edited by Lurker; 05-22-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    none of the previous years rxt had vts call the dealer and ask if it is an option on the 07 rxt, I love it on my rxp

I know it's an option on the 07 for sure since it's in the manual. I assumed it was coming with it.. But since I filled it up with gas and brought it home I assume it's too late to do anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Rob View Post
    I know it's an option on the 07 for sure since it's in the manual. I assumed it was coming with it.. But since I filled it up with gas and brought it home I assume it's too late to do anything about it
    Seadoo shares its manual between all the 4-stroke pwc's, you get the same manual for a RXP as a RXT. VTS is not an option for the 215hp RXT no matter the year. The RXT-X is the only three seater that comes from the Seadoo factory with VTS. It is possible to retrofit a trim system onto the RXT if you really want to. Talk to GeoRXT, he has done it before. It is a pretty involved job and a lot of work IMO. I still don't understand why Seadoo doesn't have it on all of their pwc's in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by agibbs View Post
    Seadoo shares its manual between all the 4-stroke pwc's, you get the same manual for a RXP as a RXT. VTS is not an option for the 215hp RXT no matter the year. The RXT-X is the only three seater that comes from the Seadoo factory with VTS. It is possible to retrofit a trim system onto the RXT if you really want to. Talk to GeoRXT, he has done it before. It is a pretty involved job and a lot of work IMO. I still don't understand why Seadoo doesn't have it on all of their pwc's in the first place.

OHHH.. sweet.. In some way that sucks since it would probably be a great option to have.. but atleast I don't feel like I missed out on something now..

Now all I need is sun... there is 15 gal. of premium fuel in my garage waiting to be burned up.. I feel like a kid having to wait for Christmas morning to open the present. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Rob View Post
    OHHH.. sweet.. In some way that sucks since it would probably be a great option to have.. but atleast I don't feel like I missed out on something now..

Now all I need is sun... there is 15 gal. of premium fuel in my garage waiting to be burned up.. I feel like a kid having to wait for Christmas morning to open the present. haha.
    Haha, same, only 16 days until I'm home.

+1
    vts isnt big deal on the bigger skis. it also is prone to leaking and breaking. dont sweat it.
    better to invest in a pump wedge for the RXT.
    i have had it on alot of my skis, mostly just set it once and forget it, and that was on small skis where it actually made a difference!!
    on the RXT i bet the difference isnt much. these things are big!!

Buy a wedge insted

+1
    well VTS on a RXT is a big deal I can tell you that it makes a big difference as my 08 T-X feels much different than my 05 the 08 feels alot lighter and playfull

I am hoping to add VTS to my 05 ASAP

+1
    I would have gladly paid another 1K for VTS....why they wouldn't offer it as an option is beyond me.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information