Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 speedster ?

08 speedster ?

getting ready to buy a 08speedster 150 215 is there any thing i should do to it before it hits the h2o also it will be my first boat

First welcome here you are at the right place....

Second, please, 'hit the search button' as it is talked everywhere in here that you should remove the supercharger clutch washers and change them for the metal ones, but check first to see if you got the new BRP metal washers already in it....BRP is supposed to change from ceramic to metal in 08.

But ever since the beginning of the supercharger Riva Racing makes some for replacement.

BTW....don'T ever start a supercharged engine in at least a good 5 feet of water....these can practically suck everything in the bottom and ruin your jet pump and propeller in few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster
    don'T ever start a supercharged engine in at least a good 5 feet of water
    You know that would be a hard rule to live by; you'll only be in half that when launching at the ramp. I'd say try to be in three when starting, but never go wide open throttle in less than five.

My advice would be to spend an enormous amount of time reading past posts of this boat forum, and also the 4-tec performance forum. When you get interested or curious about something, go to the "advanced search" and learn to bring up threads pertaining to the subject. There is a vast wealth of information here. If you can't find the answer to a specific question, post it here and someone will be glad to help. As Jeepster said, you've come to the right place, I wouldn't bother going anywhere else.

Take it slow and learn to be an expert in handling the boat. It's different than other boats, but better. It's extremely manuverable. You can steer the boat in neutral, and don't think you have to be all the way in forward or reverse to move. All the F-N-R lever does is move a bucket over the jet, directing the flow. You can be halfway between forward and neutral to creep up to a dock and such. Of course, it's exactly like a jetski, (the S150 pretty much IS a jetski), in that the more throttle you are using, the more manuverable you will be.

And God help you if you get the mod bug like me... the modifications never end.

so I have read through a lot of post but could not find a good answer on the 2008 speedster 150 (215) are all the sc issues worked out with the washers and all thanks
    ryan

The first '08 boats seemed to still use the ceramic washers, I assume to dwindle their inventory of those types of superchargers. The newer '08 boat superchargers have the same part number as the skis, which have metal washers. Unfortunately, you may not be able to know for sure until you pull the supercharger out and look at the washers.

+1 !!!

going to try and get it Tuesday anything i should make sure to get from dealer that should be included

Coastguard package, everything you need for boating life jackets ,flares ,signaling devices ,fire extinguisher,etc. and an anchor. Make sure you look over the boat real good before you sign papers .Goodluck

they also have a 07 for 3k less than the 08 how much does it cost to switch out the washers if i go with the 07

Switching the washers will cost about $170, if you take it out yourself (not too hard) and send it to Jerry (site owner). A dealership could easily charge twice that or more, if they do it at all. I'd get the '07!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information