Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    snapper455

Tested R&D performer kit on 07 and 08

I had 2 customers waiting on the New R&D performer kits. Well they are shipping now. We got them both in this week. One went on a red 2008 ultra and the other on a blue 2007 ultra.

Both boats already had the intercooler mod, as well as the BOV block off and EX block off's They both also have the pump stuffers and the riva ride plate with a stock intake grate and sponsons, Both boats also have the the stock air intakes, exhaust system, and all breather hoses, reverse, ETC.... are still intact!

The 07 goes 69.2 and the 08 67.1 before the R&D kits

The kit comes with a new fuel pump and 2 pullys and a fuel controller, You must buy the SC snought extra. Look on the R&D web site for pricing. I only know the installed price to the customer.

You do not have to put a AFR, or fuel regulator, or change the injectors and it runs on pump gas! So this kit is WAY more affordable.

It took me about 4 hours on each boat to install this kit. But I do this for a living so I would set aside a day to install this.

Ok here is the poop you really want

The 08 is slower than the 07 we all know that, BUT with this kit the 08 becomes faster than the 07 with the kit.

Right at 72 on the 08 with major balls getting there and the Exhaust sounds cool as well.

Only 71.3 (still not bad) on the 07 but Balls acceleration as well

The air was 96, water 84, 100percent humidity, and 25mph wind out of the south.

you have to add more fuel with fuel controller on the 08 than the 07 almost twice as much on all three curves low, mid, and high.

Both boats ran 7900 to 8000 rpm all the time it's pinned and 2 more little squares than normal light up on the boost dial.

And the stupid little MPH gauge just pegs at 70 within 5 seconds on both boats.

I am sure you guys with exhaust work, intakes etc. you will probly get higher numbers than me on my one trip to the water before the customers picked them up,

+1
    Thanks good write up.

The air was 96, water 84, 100percent humidity, and 25mph wind out of the south. . . . . . .

Wow. Those are great numbers in terrible atmospheric conditions. If you had 70 degrees and no humidity those boats would sing!

Are you guys coming to LB2CAT this year? Less than 8 weeks away. Have a safe trip if you do. jb

Quote Originally Posted by snapper455 View Post
    I had 2 customers waiting on the New R&D performer kits. Well they are shipping now. We got them both in this week. One went on a red 2008 ultra and the other on a blue 2007 ultra.

Both boats already had the intercooler mod, as well as the BOV block off and EX block off's They both also have the pump stuffers and the riva ride plate with a stock intake grate and sponsons, Both boats also have the the stock air intakes, exhaust system, and all breather hoses, reverse, ETC.... are still intact!

The 07 goes 69.2 and the 08 67.1 before the R&D kits

The kit comes with a new fuel pump and 2 pullys and a fuel controller, You must buy the SC snought extra. Look on the R&D web site for pricing. I only know the installed price to the customer.

You do not have to put a AFR, or fuel regulator, or change the injectors and it runs on pump gas! So this kit is WAY more affordable.

It took me about 4 hours on each boat to install this kit. But I do this for a living so I would set aside a day to install this.

Ok here is the poop you really want

The 08 is slower than the 07 we all know that, BUT with this kit the 08 becomes faster than the 07 with the kit.

Right at 72 on the 08 with major balls getting there and the Exhaust sounds cool as well.

Only 71.3 (still not bad) on the 07 but Balls acceleration as well

The air was 96, water 84, 100percent humidity, and 25mph wind out of the south.

you have to add more fuel with fuel controller on the 08 than the 07 almost twice as much on all three curves low, mid, and high.

Both boats ran 7900 to 8000 rpm all the time it's pinned and 2 more little squares than normal light up on the boost dial.

And the stupid little MPH gauge just pegs at 70 within 5 seconds on both boats.

I am sure you guys with exhaust work, intakes etc. you will probly get higher numbers than me on my one trip to the water before the customers picked them up,
    VERY INTERESTING!!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    You did the install of the I/c mod?
    I ordered the kit and i worry a bit regarding the 2 hull holes needed.
    And i didnt know that 08 is slower than 07,first time i hear that.

+1
    Good write up... This was the kit I was waiting for, but the release date was pushed back a few weeks. Then I jumped on the full kit which also gives me tuning capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    Good write up... This was the kit I was waiting for, but the release date was pushed back a few weeks. Then I jumped on the full kit which also gives me tuning capabilities.
    A friend used the full kit and only got 71.
    With plate,exhaust and air intake.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    A friend used the full kit and only got 71.
    With plate,exhaust and air intake.
    That's about right. Have your friend try the next pulley down (1.05-1). Get a prop pitched by impros. And get it tuned. You'll see a big difference!

+1
    I would wait a week or two before I would buy it.

How come, you got some scoop?

+1
    no scoop, just waiting on some feedback on something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information