Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pump wedge on wifes RXT

I have a 06 RXP with an intake,O.P.A.S. block off's and a pump wedge.My RXP Rides great,My question is on my wife RXT should I put on a pump wedge?The boat is stock but will it ride better or keep her drier?Thank's for the help

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    absolutely... she'll stay much drier. I have a wedge on my RXT as well, i'd never take it off

Definetly! The 3 seaters need the wedge, You`ll be surprised at how better it performs...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Definetly! The 3 seaters need the wedge, You`ll be surprised at how better it performs...PR...
    What deg wedge is everyone using?

Did any of you guys gain any speed? And is it hard to put on?

Thank's for the info guys.I am going to get a wedge for her RXT.Do you guys think i should bypass the O.P.A.S?Will that hurt her low speed handling?Thanks Again

2 1/2* Seems great for my GTX LTD- positive 1- 1 1/2 mph- drier- less wetted area for sure- seems more fun.

Regarding the Pump Wedge, the Riva Stage II kit for the RXT comes with a 2 degree wedge. While it may help get the nose up on the boat, I personally do not like the way it handles with the wedge. I have compared back to back on 2 05 RXTs and the boat without the wedge handles much better. The boat turns easier and more predictable.

If you just like going straight fast, maybe the wedge installed boat is slightly faster, however, the boat without the wedge will run away from it it when you throw in some turns.

For me, the wedge is coming off for good. I will make up for top end speed elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by xenonx
    Regarding the Pump Wedge, the Riva Stage II kit for the RXT comes with a 2 degree wedge. While it may help get the nose up on the boat, I personally do not like the way it handles with the wedge. I have compared back to back on 2 05 RXTs and the boat without the wedge handles much better. The boat turns easier and more predictable.

If you just like going straight fast, maybe the wedge installed boat is slightly faster, however, the boat without the wedge will run away from it it when you throw in some turns.

For me, the wedge is coming off for good. I will make up for top end speed elsewhere.
    Xenonx: My question is, and according to your sig, is that all you have for handling?
    I`m running the 2.5 degree wedge with NOPAS block-offs, and the R&D G-Force sponsons, which are adjustable. Handling is great, the turning ability you can tailor.

BJTK: As far as what size wedge, I think it all depends on your body weight, do you ride 1 or 2 up , do you tow with your 3 seater? these simple thoughts will determine what size would best work for you, since I only have experience with the 2.5 degree, maybe someone here with the other sizes can offer some input!...PR...

PR:

I have the complete Riva Stage II which comes with OPAS blockoffs, Pro Adj. Sponsons, Intake Grate, Pump Wedge.

For my style of riding most of the time, I ride one up at 6,1" 240lbs.
    In my lighter days I used to race watercraft..closed course and endurance. My friends that I used to race with talked me into buying the RXT and I am glad I did, although it would be nice to have an RXP as well. I feel the RXT is a better overall boat when you are riding on anything other than glass.

We like to ride hard basically playing follow the leader making super GS turns around the lake until we run out of fuel. We chase each other down hard and probably should be wearing helmets.

While doing back to back testing on similar RXTs, the non wedge boat handles much, much better for this type of aggresive riding. Now, maybe in a grudge race going straight the wedge boat will edge out in top speed, however, I can go much faster in the turns with the non-wedge RXT.

Just my opinion in back to back testing.
    I have happily sold my wedge with no regrets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information