Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ajrunke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oshkosh, WI
    Posts
    196
    +1
    1

    Winterizing 06 rxt

    Yes, I am fully aware that it is not even June, however that doesn't minimize my curiousity on the proper technique for winterizing a 4 tec engine. I used to own a 951 2 stroke and winterizing that was a breeze. If someone could point me to the proper thread, or continue with the process on this thread, I'd appreciate it. I feel more comfortable learning the proper process and doing it myself rather than taking it to a dealership. I'm going to be buying a shop manual soon but I doubt they would have the winterizing process in there.

    Thank you!


  2. #2
    My new toys at work bruinsrme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Worcester MA
    Posts
    1,706
    do an advanced search on winter in the seadoo section and you will get the threads you are lookig for.

    Man what a depressing thread...

  3. #3
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrunke View Post
    Yes, I am fully aware that it is not even June, however that doesn't minimize my curiousity on the proper technique for winterizing a 4 tec engine. I used to own a 951 2 stroke and winterizing that was a breeze. If someone could point me to the proper thread, or continue with the process on this thread, I'd appreciate it. I feel more comfortable learning the proper process and doing it myself rather than taking it to a dealership. I'm going to be buying a shop manual soon but I doubt they would have the winterizing process in there.

    Thank you!
    The Shop Manual will have the winterizing process, but will not contain a de-winterizing process eventhough dealers charge for that... Ron

  4. #4
    Avion3333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrunke View Post
    Yes, I am fully aware that it is not even June, however that doesn't minimize my curiousity on the proper technique for winterizing a 4 tec engine. I used to own a 951 2 stroke and winterizing that was a breeze. If someone could point me to the proper thread, or continue with the process on this thread, I'd appreciate it. I feel more comfortable learning the proper process and doing it myself rather than taking it to a dealership. I'm going to be buying a shop manual soon but I doubt they would have the winterizing process in there.

    Thank you!

    i live in hot country!! and out of curiosity what is winterize?????????

  5. #5
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Winterize is when you prepare the ski's engine for the cold climate and being layed up for a while e.g. fuel stabilizer..stuff like that.

  6. #6
    My new toys at work bruinsrme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Worcester MA
    Posts
    1,706
    In winterizing you flush out as must water in the intercooler and exhaust system as possible. As we knwo water expands as it freezes and can cause havoc on intercoolers and engine blocks.

  7. #7
    Avion3333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    In winterizing you flush out as must water in the intercooler and exhaust system as possible. As we knwo water expands as it freezes and can cause havoc on intercoolers and engine blocks.

    k thanx man

  8. #8

    question

    during winterization with the fuel level, i heard you should have as little fuel as possible in the tank when you are preparing to winterize but still adding fuel stabilizer. Now i heard you should have a full-tank of gas with the stabilizer. im getting two different answers.

    which is better, or does it even matter?

  9. #9
    asphalt, dirt, and water are my playgrounds. ViperRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    203
    When you winterize motorcycles you should use a full tank of gas because their tanks are metal and it would prevent rust. In seadoos, the gas tank is a composite of some fiberglass I believe. Especially with most gas today being 10% Ethanol, you don't want to fill your tank up much at all due to the properties in ethanol which could break down the fiberglass particles in the tank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankfan4L View Post
    during winterization with the fuel level, i heard you should have as little fuel as possible in the tank when you are preparing to winterize but still adding fuel stabilizer. Now i heard you should have a full-tank of gas with the stabilizer. im getting two different answers.

    which is better, or does it even matter?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 06 RXT Vibration
    By chris2879 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 09:40 PM
  2. Update After Some Quick Mods to '06 RXT
    By WAMason in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 10:42 AM
  3. Does the 06 RXT have a working compass?
    By DSquare in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 05:33 PM
  4. New intake grate opinions for 06 RXT
    By DSquare in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 10:00 PM
  5. 2 buy or not 2 buy a 06 RXT
    By shhr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •