Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Cool holiday weekend becareful

this coming weekend is the most popular on the water here in florida and boats + ski will be out in full force so PLEASE be careful,
    allso a side note for ya guys trying to push the limit of your ski and yourselves this may not be the best time to try max speeds with new setups (reason why I'm saying this is kenndy just busted he's ass water testing in anticipatation of going too Tampa to meet south florida boys-not bad mouthing my bud james,many are pushing it
    O yes last thing james remembers is him upside down looking at GPS and thinking 78.4mph this is going to hurt
    will see how he feels tomorrow(lets see in my opinion 2 bruised ribs-busted lip- black eye-not sure about neck,he had to swim with one arm-other did not work-well you guys get the photo.I'm sure kenndy will have more too say later
    he was lucky,you might not

later cd

+1
    This Sux!!!!!!! I will have to say my ejection was my fault today being stupid but the traffic on the water is horrific already... I was testing a new prop and made few passes at 78.8mph and refueled for more riding and speed runs and it was getting close to dark when i made a last run toward the ramp and a boat slowly to my left was approaching which i thought was at idle and stayed in it full throttle but there was more wake than i thought,the ski went airborne which seemed like forever and when it came down hooked left and thru me for cartwheels and i was holding on so tight that the ski did a 360 degree rollover and coasted until it hit a pilon on a dock I am happy there was a lot of on lookers curious about my well being and a medic that was generous enough to check me out at the water(crashed in front of his house) ..The medic which has the largest dive center in Panama City said he loves to watch me do speed runs but had never seen anything so bad on the water in his life(he was sitting on his dock watching)when i took the spill...My left side of face is still feeling numb somewhat,busted lip and swollen,black eye,swollen neck,pain in left arm,shoulder,back,and now pain when breathing but ribs do not hurt...I know tomorrow will be the toughest part with the pain and i was stupid but we all push it from time to time...I hope everyone has a safe weekend and doesn't end up like me with ice packs and pain medicine....be safe guys

+1
    ouch

I did some water testing and got a taste of this weekends madness.

I just about punched a guy out for blasting thru the no wake while I was in the water with my whole arm in a hull trying to adjust some carbs.

I am staying far away from the masses this weekend.

Everyone be safe !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    ouch

I am staying far away from the masses this weekend.

Everyone be safe !
    I don't know.... I heard Cow Bayou can be packed on holiday weekends.

Sounds like your going to have to hang with Mr Vicodin this weekend.. You will heal just fine James, hang in there,, you didnt mention the most important thing,, How is your ski?
    Just remember, even when (being careful) all it takes is a stray wake for this to happen.. So if you dont want this to ever happen to you, dont mod your ski, stay at 65 mph, and be bored to tears.... Nah, nobody on this forum wants to do that..
    Fact is, when you push the envelope close to the edge, sooner or later, the envelope will fall off the edge..
    Taking the risk is all a part of the game we play... Whats wrong with us?
    We are all a bunch of speed-tards.. Im ok with that though..
    Get well soon James, thought a little humor may help..
    Ross

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Glad you did not get seriously hurt James hope you feel better, Brian K did the exact same thing 3 weeks ago and about the same speed. Was doing a run and did not see the boat coming and the big wake it created. He hit the wake then went air born and ended up in the water. Ended up with stitches on his chin and bloody hand.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Sounds like your going to have to hang with Mr Vicodin this weekend.. You will heal just fine James, hang in there,, you didnt mention the most important thing,, How is your ski?
    Just remember, even when (being careful) all it takes is a stray wake for this to happen.. So if you dont want this to ever happen to you, dont mod your ski, stay at 65 mph, and be bored to tears.... Nah, nobody on this forum wants to do that..
    Fact is, when you push the envelope close to the edge, sooner or later, the envelope will fall off the edge..
    Taking the risk is all a part of the game we play... Whats wrong with us?
    We are all a bunch of speed-tards.. Im ok with that though..
    Get well soon James, thought a little humor may help..
    Ross
    Thanks Ross, i was worried about the ski and everyone was saying forget the ski but i couldn't The damage is minimal with no cracked fiberglass but you now the saltwater with the marine life living on the pilons scratched it up real good but when the medic told me the ski did a 360 degree rollover i was surprised and wasn't sure how until now after thinking about it and how hard i was holding on anticipating the ejection(it thru me right and rolled right)but even at that speed there was no damage to the handlebars or cowling on the rollover....When i crashed the gps was at 78.4mph but felt like it gained speed when it went airborne but gps reading was the same...I just feel fortunate after hearing the story of the crash by the folks at the bank watching and just would like everyone here on the forum to be safe because it can happen to any of us and i am feeling it more every hour at this point...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Glad you did not get seriously hurt James hope you feel better, Brian K did the exact same thing 3 weeks ago and about the same speed. Was doing a run and did not see the boat coming and the big wake it created. He hit the wake then went air born and ended up in the water. Ended up with stitches on his chin and bloody hand.
    Thanks Jim,i decided to hang here this weekend due to traffic on highway and water but reconsidered while riding wanting to hook up with you guys and this happend,oh well...I feel good enough to be on the forum i suppose.....

+1
    Glad you are posting James. Go get yourself checked out at the med center. Tomorrow you will be sore, Sunday you will not able to move.

I'm going to Dunedin Causeway (tampa area) early Monday. Hope I can get some fun time in and leave before all the amateurs get out.

You gotta ride when you can and it looks like the weather will be really nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information